Weekly DoE/AotZ Concept Art Session #3: Rose

All artistic endeavors related to the DoE characters or the world they live in go here. If you've got artistic questions about how people interpret a hero or just have something nice you've drawn to show, drop it in a post here!
AnemicRoyalty
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Weekly DoE/AotZ Concept Art Session #3: Rose

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:37 am

Weekly DoE/AotZ Concept Art Session #3

Rolling on!

In this exercise, participants create their rendition of the selected character within one week. There are no restrictions on quality or medium (although obviously anything that violates the rules of the forum will be deleted). Participants are encouraged to create new work for this exercise, rather than posting old work. The image provided is a reference only, don't feel limited by any of the details. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Above all, have fun everyone!

Our theme for this week is:

Rose
The Scarlet Maiden

1025; The Advent
1025 AE (After Exodus)

Rose was born to a wealthy noble family in Argon during a booming era. As she grew up, she had little interest in things that many of her childhood friends loved dearly. She found herself wandering into the barracks and taking up a bow whenever she could.

By the time she was 21, she had skipped out on two planned weddings by her family and had been disowned as a daughter. She loved her family, but they were holding her back from her true calling. There was a new face among the Velorus knights that she had wanted to meet for awhile. He had been warning of an attack on them that had yet to come.

It wasn't until a group of wild and crazed creatures attacked the city that she had a chance to fight alongside the knight. At that point, she proceeded to help the barracks and city guard fight whatever came their way. She and the knight became very close very quickly. As the knight rose through the ranks, she helped out in any way she could.

~Image and Lore from Gamunbah DoE Wiki compiled by assassingao, lore by Rising_Dusk and texture by NiRVaNa_87.
The session begins now and finishes next Monday (U.S. time, it's Tuesday here). No exact time as it is not a contest, rather an exercise. Post your images in this thread, work in progress shots are always encouraged xD
If you have suggestions for future concept art sessions, don't hesitate to post them!

I'll get a separate thread for theme suggestions up soon, to make it easier to keep track of them.

Edit: Theme suggestion thread is up, here!

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Weekly DoE/AotZ Concept Art Session #3: Rose

Post by Cooldood » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:02 am

( . Y . )

o_O Lol sorry, I'll actually draw something useful as soon as my exams get over (16th) Couldn't resist :P
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Rose Endorses Jugs

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Well, I wanted to draw something about Rose. I stereotyped her into the bitchy woman on the battlefield and in these times, the economy just gets worse and worse. The wages soldiers made just isn't what it used to be so Rose has done something no legitimate woman should do... Or maybe vice versa... SHE ENDORSES JUGS. WHAT'S NEXT? PLAYBOY? HUE IS WAITING LOL.

On the side, you can see Rose's supposed fiance and Loghaire... Mhm... Loghaire. Hope you guys like it or get a laugh at this. I know my anatomy is a bit(BIT? IT'S A MAN WITH BEWBS) off, I don't exactly stare at naked womanzorz whilst I draw. But I do stare at my gurlfriendz :D . xD

Did you laugh?
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:56 pm

No. I'm kind of disappointed with this one, so If I get around to it I'll draw something but if not I'll be anxiously awaiting week 4.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Nowaki
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Nowaki » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:23 pm

Rose always felt mature to me... Maybe it's because she has that "cold & sharp" Archer voice while Ztera has the "teenage whore" Dryad voice.

ANYWAY, since I moved I no longer possess a scanner >: So until I buy another one, only shitty pictures with my shitty cam

WIP #1

Drawed in pink because I not only wanted to test doing sketches like that BUT also because it fits her!

Her legs needs a remake so... yeah, gonna work on that.
And maybe her bow... The fancy attempt turned out to be quite weird?

BACK TO WORK (real work, not drawing ._.)
Last edited by Nowaki on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower is a perfect one

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:34 am

: O Woah, she looks awesome Nowaki! O_O
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Black_Heart
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Black_Heart » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:36 am

Yeah, that's insanely awesome, Nowaki. Like... damn. I didn't know Rose could look so awesome.

And Crayon: Jugs!

I mean, uh, nice drawing. I really like the, uh, guys in the background. And her... face. It all comes together really well.

boobies

Beat_Down_
Champion Noobite

Post by Beat_Down_ » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:38 pm

Straight to full colour an stuff this time,

I like these excercises, I dont usually plan things well enough to draw from nothing. :)
Tomorrows a brand new day,
so take from right now, all you need
Tomorrows a brand new start
it's a shame that, I'm happy with today

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:02 pm

Nowaki wrote:Maybe it's because she has that "cold & sharp" Archer voice while Ztera has the "teenage whore" Dryad voice.
Best part is, Dusk didn't have sound when he gave the soundsets to heroes at that time.
"FOR THE TREES"
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Nowaki
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Nowaki » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:31 pm

Lol, yeah... So I heard :P
In the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower is a perfect one

Halnodor2
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Halnodor2 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Rose- Working on the color version. (yes I know its leaning right I am fixing it)
I really like yours Nowaki, its a very crisp and good looking style, I gotta learn how to do that. any tips? O btw advance critique is welcomed on any of my work, even if you don't like tell me why.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:27 pm

I really love nowaki's interpretation so far. It's a surprisingly accurate rendition of her and I totally dig the style. <3 The other ones are pretty good too. Haln, you might want to remember to give her hair/head/etc. It looks funny with her head rigidly attached to the headdress thingy. :p

Beat, yours is pretty good too. I think her head might be a bit gouged and mishapen. Additionally, I think that her eyes are strangely placed. Oh, and the shadows on her hands are unnatural and the proportions across the board might be a little tricky. I like the coloring a lot, though.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:26 am

Waki, you haven't finished that MeridiaxVela? Lulz. People actually pressure you to draw pr0n, you must be godlike.

I obviously know absolutely nothing about WC3's inner workings, because my question is, are custom soundsets feasible if we had voice actors?
Can you hear them?

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:10 am

It's possible but not worth it because of the file size.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:06 am

Yeah, also there are not many voices we can go out and use as a custom voiceset. God knows what flaws a mic can bring if we make one ourselves.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Return to “Concept & Fan Art”