The Tavern

Join the forumites of VZ in yet another journey of epic proportions in the world of Angband!
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: The Tavern

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:07 pm

A clearly battered and broken female high elf hobbles into the Tavern and collapses nearly at Engen's feet. Shocked and appalled by the audacity of the intrusion and invasion, he jumps to his feet and unlatches his great axe from his back. Before doing anything, he spoke, asking of the wench precisely the meaning of this.

"Who are you, woman, and what is your purpose here?!" he scowled.

She struggled to her knees and it was then that Engen saw precisely what was upon her back. It was the unmistakable black, scar-patterned pelt of the Great Bear. She had brought down Beorn, the Shape-Changer. Immediately, Engen places his axe upon the floor and fell to his knees, making every attempt to help the woman up without seeing to her further injury.

"Ye' have done a tremendous task, quite possibly the worst that I've yet named. Come, now you will rest."
And the Dwarf carried the High-Elf over his shoulder, twice as tall as he was, up the stairs in the Tavern and set her down in a bed for her to sleep.

"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:00 pm

iblablaman
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by iblablaman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Annannin has died, bad idea to go into somewhere with a few lesser balrog, balrog of moria, learnean hydra, Ar-Pharazon the Golden(even though only the balrogs killed me)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageYes, an egg, just because I can

VZCabetardo
Champion Noobite

Post by VZCabetardo » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:34 am

A grey eyed High-elf enters the tavern, the weight of the valuables he is hauling barely allows him to walk up straight, He takes a seat at the bar, letting the huge pile of looted goods fall to the ground with a loud crank. The elf then talks to the dwarf sitting at a large table.

"I heard there were some tasks that we could complete for some sort of foreign coin. In my opinion you can never have enough coin. I am here to collect."

With that, the High-elf took a couple of items from the loot bag, placed them on the Dwarf's table and awaited the payment.
Proof

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Angband: The Adventure”