Yarin

Dive into the world of Karud and explore Pokémon like you've (maybe) never seen them before! This RP is currently headed by our resident hitogoroshi with assistance from the typical Kaome and Rising_Dusk.
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Yarin

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:02 am

With the flock decimated, the stay underground would be short. Ael quickly flew back to inform Lowell of this - when she noticed Kashim going toward Yarin. Why would he return in a time like this?

The Skaramory was apparently satisfied, and he flew back. That was a hell of a bullet dodged. Because of this, and against her better judgment, Ael opened the gate for Kashim before running underground to tell Lowell. Of course, this ran extremely against lock down procedure, but it was the least she could do after Kashim took on the whole flock single-handedly.

[[Everyone except for Kaome, post in the Yarin:Underground thread.]]

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:43 am

Kashim didn't really know why, nor did he really care.
The woman had opened the gate for him so he trundled through into the now ghost-like town. He drove the truck at a sluggish pace, the grinding of the engine sounding worse by the minute until he came to rest it in front of a medium-sized warehouse. He parked the monster and shut it off with a twist of the keys and jerked himself out of the vehicle.

Grimm joined him, hopping down from the back, and Pyre neatly landed on the roof.
Kashim motioned toward the door and Grimm gave a mighty swing that brought the frail gate door down with a crash.
"Well...let's have a look." Kashim muttered before entering the building.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:34 pm

It had taken him a few minutes, but he managed to get the truck into warehouse.
The engine was shot for sure, or at least something to do with the intake. Stripped out of his fatigues and into a spare jumper, Kashim was currently under the machine working with what he had at hand. As luck would have it, the warehouse was filled with all sorts of second hand junk and out-dated parts. None of it was anything close to military grade or truck parts for that matter, but he would make do with what he could. He grunted, tightening a bolt for the umpteenth time, causing Pyre to shift where she lay, opening one dragon slitted eye to gaze out at the world. Content that there was no immediate threat, she shifted and settled back into a coilesque shape.

Grimm stood vigil, gazing out from the back of the vehicle to the city outside.
The bone fiend made no movement, no sound.
A stone sentinel.

Kashim spat dust and soot out of his mouth and grumbled.
Today was just not his day.
Cruor Vult

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:54 pm

A step echos through the warehouse. A figure clad in an Yarin Corps uniform walks forward - a helmet is over his face, so it is impossible to see the hair and thus subdivision. Kashim would immediately know to be on his guard - this person made it past his sentinels with no apparent effort.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be underground." The voice did not seem to emanate from the speaker, but instead sounded as though it was whispered into Kashim's ear. "Go on, now. No harm will come to you and your pokemon if you leave."

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:24 am

Kashim stopped, slowly put down the wrench and gripped the little skull imprinted ball that rested by his head.
He didn't want to, but he would tab it if he had to. He cocked his head to one side, looking at a pair of boots. He took a whisper of breath in to focus and let his mind take in details. Not very many, but that Grimm missed him meant this person had killed or snuck by the Outer ward. That Pyre did not bellow a warning in the half-rest of Dragons meant she was incapacitated or dead. That this person was now standing by him and talking in a low tone meant he himself was going to be in trouble...or dead very soon.

He ignored what they said, instead he spoke.
"Vor?"
"I generally think this human means well."
With that Kashim removed his thumb from the activation tab and crawled out very carefully from under the truck.
He had let Vorpalus out to take in the warehouse, standard OSP operations.

"Kashim, Lieutenant, I'm currently tasked with the TAS under a Commander Lowell." It was a partial lie.
"Put in for repairs after my incursion with the enemy Avians. I was given leave to salvage what I could to return to active duty ASAP." His sword was just a few inches away from where he stood, if only...

"You are?" he asked.
Cruor Vult

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:04 am

"My name is Omen." He stepped closer to Kashim, walking at the same slow pace. "I like Lowell. He brought order to this part of Karud. Order suits me well. Kashim...there is something about you. Strange. Unreadable. I will remember your name. Kashim." As he spoke those words, he seemed to fall into a trance, one he abruptly shook his head to escape from. "Go underground with the others, now. Your vehicle will be safe here." His voice was growing less ethereal and more imperative.

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:08 pm

"Right...I'm just going to leave my lifeline in a busted warehouse in the hands of some shady man I've only just met."
Kashim shook his head. "Did you think I was born yesterday?" He glanced at the man, his clothing, his erratic behavior when he shook his head. He was either hoped up on meds or a total whack-job. Of course he could be a Spook, but Kashim hadn't met more than three in his whole life...well...three real ones anyway. The man didn't come off as a Spook anyway. He spoke rather than thrashed about with his mind like all the others did.

"If you're worried about my presence I'll be gone as soon as I finish repairs...which will go much quicker if I can get along without being interrupted by rabid ferals or TAS Head-jobs every time I turn around." He was one motion away from his sword, all he had to do was flick his wrist and the blade would be in his hand. His eyes never left the other man.
"Now if you will politely go and bring about anything you perceive to be happening that you believe portends to a good or evil event or circumstance in the near future to someone else, I will be more than happy to watch you leave."
Cruor Vult

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:31 pm

"Rude, rude, rude," Omen sang, "and I was only asking out of politeness. But I can't waste any more time!" He removed his helmet, revealing his bald head, expressionless face, and the two dark, black dots where his eyes should be. "But I can still personalize it for you. If you could be killed by any pokemon, what would it be?"

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:40 pm

Kashim had a few options, but went for the direct.
He flicked his wrist.

"Don't talk when you can strike!"
He lunged with his right hand, sword sweeping up to taste flesh.
Cruor Vult

Return to “Pokémon”