Character Guidelines/Submission

Dive into the world of Karud and explore Pokémon like you've (maybe) never seen them before! This RP is currently headed by our resident hitogoroshi with assistance from the typical Kaome and Rising_Dusk.
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Character Guidelines/Submission

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:48 pm

Visual:
Post your lineup as it will be at the start of the RP. Details in that pokemon crusade thread in Social Interactions. Please, make sure to think it over and make any changes you want.(Oh, and if you change for the RP, please update your sig as well. I plan on using that as part of the RP.)

Trainer:
Talk about your person. Remember, with no mass transportation, you were born in Karud. That's the only limit. I'm sure you guys know how to do all of this kind of stuff. Make sure you end with the reason why you're in Karud.

Pokemon:
Being brief is key here. Most of you will start with six pokemon. I don't want any more than a short paragraph on each one.
ALSO, remember that your focus is a limited resource, as well as each pokemons energy. So you're not going to have six super awesome supers. You need to have a well balanced team. I'll be posting mine after this – it'll be a good example of team dynamics. You can have some of your pokemon better than others – but remember, they're going to get tired, and you WILL be using all six of your team members. So be careful.
Nicknames are required. “Hey Blastoise” doesn't work. You are not the only trainer anymore.

Other:
I'm sure I missed something. Feel free to post anything else here. I'll be looking to see if I need to add another category to this template.
Rising_Dusk wrote:If you need to use a pokeball icon and don't want to find any on your own, you can use a generic pokeball that I have encoded below

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Rising_Dusk/Pokemon/Pokeball.gif[/IMG]
Last edited by Rising_Dusk on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added generic pokeball icon.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Character Guidelines

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:49 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Trainer: Kesshi
Kesshi was born in Yarin, and it shows. He's worked with the Advanced Defense Squad his whole life – a sort of middle ground. They don't defend directly at the gates, but instead spread out a bit from the city, gathering information and dealing with small forces. Kesshi is great at reporting information and knows when to retreat – but he has no experience leading and he has trouble giving it his all in do-or-die situations. He's a solid link in the chain, and if he can't support the whole thing on his own you can at least be sure that he'll never crack.

Pokemon:

Sharp, Fearow
Sharp is extremely efficient. Years of being Kesshi's mount has made him great at expending energy slowly. As well, he can dodge fairly independently, freeing Kesshi to fight with weapons. However, he almost never attacks on his own, and has all but forgotten how. He's Kesshi's most favored (and probably best) Pokemon, but you'll never see him in a trainer field.

Eric, Lairon
Eric is average. He has almost no defining traits, and as such serves as a “fall-back” pokemon. There's nothing else to it.

Kelios, Xatu
Kelios doesn't know when to stop. In terms of one on one combat, he's easily Kesshi's best. But he has no concept of “moderation”. He'll use his biggest moves right off the bat, and tire himself out very quickly. Woe be to whoever he wastes his energy on, though.

Marburg, Tentacruel
“Cruel” is fitting. Marburg is evil. No two ways about it. The only reason he's not a feral is because he decided it's more fun to watch ferals suffer. He's not too strong, but he's frightfully intelligent. Not only does he speak perfectly, he's in many ways smarter than Kesshi. However, Kesshi is loath to set him free, because he's willing to do terrible harm to meet whatever goal he cares to work for.

Chen, Charmelon
Chen is a mirror of his master. He is a solid fighter, both with his claws and fire. He fights well without using too much of his energy. Chen can't be trusted fighting on his own – he needs to be instructed at all times. In short, he's a dependable follower you can't trust to lead.

Rit, Eevee
Rit can't fight. It's that simple. While he has learned the powerful “Hyper Beam” TM, he doesn't even have the energy to use it. However, Rit is very kind and smart (though not on Marburg's level) and Kesshi frequently sets him free just for companionship.

Other:
Kesshi should ALWAYS fade in the background. He's there to nudge the story, but shouldn't be a main character in the same way as you guys. The one exception is classic battles, if someone wants to duel Kesshi or whatever, I will give him the same attention I'd expect you guys to give your characters.

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Kaomes Character (Work in Progress)

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
==============================================================

Kashim <KA-Shh-M>
"Once, a very long time ago, I was a boy growing up in the facilities at Mos. In those days, I helped the wounded, the sick, the dead, the dying. My only friend in the world an estranged creature, a lizard of fire and claws. We helped each other grow. Some time passed, he grew bigger, I grew stronger and smarter. I gained a little fame at being handy with Poke'mon. It was alright till the Incursions started getting worse. Soon everyone was fighting on the field. Even me. I was a little snot-nosed greener on the field of a decisive battle. My whole world came crashing down that day. I saw death, at every corner, at each junction. I was forced to kill just to survive. I was found later, by the enemy. I did what I had to. Days later, I stumbled back into Mos only to be slapped into a truck without so much as a hot meal and carted off to another field. I started thinking, then I started acting. I got into places no-one else could. I brought down barriers. Cracked 'unbreakable' fortresses. I was noticed, I gained respect, even a little intimidation from others. But from them..." He motioned over his shoulder in the dying light. "...from them I gained honor. I gained purpose. I gained resolve. Years passed. I spent some time in darkness. I gained more allies, more enemies. I strove to find perfection in the physical arts. The edge of a blade. The clashing of bone and sinew in my knuckles. The crack and boom of sieging the enemy from within and without. Of bringing down sections of wall on top of mulling forces and slitting the neck of my enemy while he slept." He paused to drink from a flask before offering it. "It wasn't long before they handed me Him. Three years spent in gloom. Training, fighting, surviving. It was madness. I could hear screams in the darkness and I didn't know if I was ever going to see what was eating me. Three years like that. Feral. Savage. I understood my enemies motives now. After I emerged, I had a better idea of how to combat them. Two years after that the west went down. Now, now I do what I have to. I survive. I carry out the Last Command. And I hope..." He took the flask back. "...I hope I never have to use the thing down there in that darkness. I hope I never have to see its face or feel the sickness that creeps off of it in waves. I hope for others. For their sake. I hope they fight until the last man. Until all of the world has been devoured by the beasts. Only then will it be ready. Only then...I can see it...I see the earth. In flames." He stood and tucked the flask back into his waistband. "You should go now. The thirty minute head start I gave you is almost up."
~Lieutenant Kashim//MAr01VssD0204 : Last record of Malvin Demrard.
Camera found at the bottom of a chasm. Body was not located.

Kashim is a loner. A defiant fly in the ointment. Wanted by the people of Keo for his raids on the canal, Kashim is willing to go with anyone able to defeat him in combat. Living out in the wilderness, in the tattered remains of a clunky, but serviceable Army Troop truck, Kashim is a mobile force. Hitting up Yarin for intel. and supplies, Kashim hopes to be in and out of the city before the locals get uppity or the battle too fierce. He isn't one to turn down a fight, but not if he has to watch his back from the very people he is protecting.

Poke'Mon

Image Decapatops // Kabutops - Water/Rock Image
-Kashim gained Decapatops, then a Kabuto, during the 'Dome Project' Kashim was 29 when the project began-
Without a doubt the most nerve wracking poke'mon to have ever been seen on the field of battle. Bolted to it's carapace armored head is a bleached bone white helm, smeared and dulled red by countless skirmishes. 'Deca' can talk, but often doesn't say more than two or three words at a time, foremost among them blood. Easily his most powerful Poke'mon, Kashim and Decapatops have come to an understanding. In battle, Decapatops will serve as the 'Blade' severing the enemies head with a single well placed slice.

Image Pyre // Charizard - Fire/Flying Image
-Kashim gained Pyre, then a Charmander, during his younger years in Mos-
Serving as not only a mode of transportation, but a devastating asset in the field, Pyre was the first Poke'mon Kashim trained with. As such, the bond between them is one of the strongest of the group. Having served under Kashim during the war, Pyre has an amazing intellect and a keen eye for the subtle shifts in battle. Often serving as the 'Hammer' of any operation, Pyre is home in the sky as well as the land, proving to be Kashims 'General go-getter' when things get hectic.

Image Venom // Beedrill - Bug/Poison Image
-Kashim gained Venom, then a Weedle, very early in his training career.
Venom somehow got it into his tiny brain that Kashim is a queen and must be protected at all costs. Utterly loyal, Venom will go out of it's way to make sure any damage that could be directed at Kashim is instead redirected to him. A perfect fusion of crowd control and single target strikes, Venom will make numerous 'strafing runs' into large groups with the deadly Pin Missile attack before striking down any remaining foes with his twin needle arms. Serves as a 'Vanguard' during operations.

Image Vorpalus // Haunter - Ghost/Poison Image
-Kashim gained Vorpalus during a period of 'rest' in Mos after the Rhy Incident. Kashim was 27 at the time-
An utter Enigma, Vorpalus does very little fighting. Instead, he prizes himself with the logistics role by helping Kashim plan and then carry out tactics on and off the field. Due to his ghostly nature, Vorpalus is a perfect stealth agent and forward observer, making constant reports on enemy size, strength, and relative intelligence. The day when Vorpalus thinks on the same level of Kashim is fast approaching, and that day will be one of loss for both.

Image 'Grimm' Grimmoire // Marowak - Ground Image
-Kashim gained Grimmoire, then a Cubone, during his rescue/raid of an enemy force. Kashim was 24 during the attack-
Grimmoire is a reflection of his trainer. Determined, callous, unyielding, and very lonely. Having been saved by Kashim some years back, Grimm has become a loyal follower of the military dog. Usually found mending it's bone armor it adorns on its body before every battle, Grimm has a nagging 'Bone Keeper' title the others joke about. After any incursion or raid he is often found stripping the field of anything he can use or carry. If Pyre is the 'Hammer' that falls from the sky, then Grimm is the 'Anvil' on the ground. Like a warrior of old he will use his prowess with bone or skill of land to defeat or at least stall any enemy he faces. An excellent trench warfare/siege underminer, Grimm is Kashims other 'general go-getter' on the field.

Image Wrath // Hitmonlee - Fighting Image
-Kashim only recently gained Wrath-
Wrath is only in the service of Kashim to gain a better understanding of tactics and fighting skill. He views battles as an excuse to test his abilities and try to surpass Kashim. So far, he has failed entirely.

~More Later
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:21 am

Maxwell
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
Image Image Image Image Image Image
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
  • Trainer History:
It's difficult to tell a story when you don't know much about the person about which the story revolves. Allow me to introduce myself... My name is Maxwell, a trainer from days long since past. I remember when the world was peaceful and I could walk amongst spearows, pikachu, growlithes, and many more without so much as a worry. Those days were what made me want to become a trainer, to take on the greatest pokémon masters, and eventually transcend my own goals and become something more. I remember when I first encountered the elite four. No.. These aren't the ones you're thinking of, we didn't fear them then. They were members of the pokémon communities, they helped, they trained, they instructed. They were heroes to us all, and I was their leader...

The elite four we have now, those nightmares of people they are, are not the same people I remember. All of the elite four were crushed by what happened when the legendary pokémon gave up on this world. They sundered the team with self-imposed exiles, taking themselves and their pokémon into different wildernesses to prepare themselves mentally for the future. At that point, with no elite four, the status of champion was too much... I left too... I gave up hope...

I don't know what man now claims the title I once possessed or what demons of pokémon he has at his command, nor do I know the current elite four. I have spent these last years becoming as close of friends as I can with my pokémon. In the face of extreme calamity, I gave them the option that if they were ever dissatisfied with me as their trainer, they were free to leave at will. I still keep their pokéballs, but honestly, they are no more bound to me before the apocalypse as they are now. They are free, tied to me only by a link that transcends any force... Friendship.

Oh, so what am I doing now? Last month, after however many years of training and more importantly bonding it was, we came back to see the status of the world we had left behind. It was no measure of trouble for Arcanine to traverse the land and mountains with all of the others in their pokéballs and myself on his back, but what we saw when we got to the border of the now God-forsaken Karud truly was hell. Pokémon were grouping up together and forming up against the humans, men and women were gunning the weak ones down with assault rifles while the smart ones would tear open the people that sought to end their lives. We intervened, even though we knew that we shouldn't -- We, the team that had once held the greatest honor the world knew, had been forgotten by time itself and thrown into a world with an entire new set of rules. That battle was gruesome, it was the first time Scizor had ever been forced to kill another pokémon. It was a monster, though, that Feraligatr had nearly killed a squad of trained men alone! Scizor was too quick for the beast, and after numerous razor sharp gashes had been left across its body it still would not yield. Scizor explained to me afterwards by drawing in the dirt the raw emotions that he felt radiating from the monster. It didn't care for its life, it had lost its entire family to these humans, they had enslaved them, turned them into less than what they were.. And then when they were worn out, they were killed. Scizor told me that he had asked to die, he would not stop until such a divine grace had been gifted to him.

We cried.
All of us, we had seen something that had once been unheard of. Not even the worst of the old Team Rocket would kill a pokémon if they could avoid it. Not even the mighty Tyranitar could fathom the need for such actions. We grew a lot stronger that day, we became something new, something both feral and human all at once. We knew that we had to do something, but we knew not what. It was our duty once upon a time to inspire new people and newborn pokémon to join together in friendship. We would become the advocates -- Nay, the avatars of that principle...

We knew the pokémon wouldn't understand our plight in their current, angered state, and while we didn't agree with the humans, they saw me as a great trainer for saving them and were, for the moment, an ally. We followed them to their base of operations, which turned out to be the small city of Yarin that I now reside. I don't know what move to make and so I bide my time among people that would never remember me for who I was, but may yet know me for who I can become again. In a way it's revitalizing to be forgotten and have to work my way up to whatever position again, but I must confess it is the most disturbing. I miss the days long since gone, all seven of us do...
  • Pokémon:
Image Image Scizor, Bug/Steel, Male, "Gold"
=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=
I remember the day when I found him, just a scyther in the wilderness. I knew instantly that he was different from any other, though. He had these red lines across his body, something I'd never seen in any of my travels.. And Scyther had been a popular choice for the league battles I'd watched. He fought intensely, stronger than any I'd seen fight in captivity. It fought with a viciousness the likes I'd never seen before, like it was used to fending off trainers left and right without a question or second thought. I cannot recall which city I was beside when I encountered him these days, I don't think I even knew back then. I wasn't the champion then, but I had won a master ball in some lottery hosted by the local radio station of my hometown, KPOKE. It had told me that any pokémon I use it on would be captured no matter what. I can't say what made me use it then, but I did, and am damned glad of it. It's been years since then, and he has always been by my side ever since, the lead of the team. Ever since he was old enough and told me that he was ready to evolve, when he became a golden Scizor as opposed to the documented red variety, he had always been very focused and calculating. He knew what moves to make and when, I never had to tell him what to do, I only suggested. He would weigh my suggestions and then act accordingly, sometimes against my wishes, but always putting himself into a better position in battle. I know well that without him by my side, I would not be half the trainer I am today.

Image Image Tyranitar, Rock/Dark, Male, "Black"
Ah, Tyranitar, he's a special pokémon of mine, the first I ever had. It still amazes me how something so small and seemingly harmless can become one of the greatest war machines I've ever bore witness to. When I was but a child, my friends and I always explored the local caverns with pokéballs trying to catch anything we could. Needless to say, we had no pokémon and had no training, so we never got anything.. But I got lost in the dark of the cave on one of those adventures. I found this small creature about a foot tall that frightened me at first, but grabbed my hand and lead me to the exit. I had a pokéball in hand, but for whatever reason I resisted the desire to force him to be mine. However, he followed me home without my knowing and kept coming back over the next few weeks. Eventually, I remember him puffing out his chest and pointing at the pokéball; I knew what he wanted and was more than happy to have such a close friend as my first. He's been with me since the beginning, and he'll be with me until the end. He stands a strong second in my team, a vital component with his insurmountable girth. His great mass makes him slow, but his hide is thicker than both Scizor's and Skarmory's steel bodies combined, rendering him able to shrug of all but the most titanic assaults. He uses the earth to his advantage by whipping up sandstorms, throwing boulders, and letting loose earthquakes as necessary. His codename is black, even though he is clearly green. He seems to approve of Black as he always grunts at me when I joke about him being Green.

Image Image Kingdra, Water/Dragon, Female, "Blue"
A year or so after I had my Tyranitar, then but a Larvitar, my parents thought it would be healthy if I took my first visit to the ocean. I'd never been to Johto's shores before, so I was excited, packed my bags, and brought a couple pokéballs for good luck. When we visited, I didn't have to test my Larvitar's ability to fight one bit as there was a poor Horsea stranded on the waterside. I scooped it up and carried it back to water, but it just wouldn't swim... It was so limp and I could have sworn it to be passed on. I captured it in a pokéball and took it to the nearest pokécenter to the ocean with my mother. I explained the situation and by whatever miracle it was resuscitated. Ever since then, she has been a strong third to my party. Ever agile underwater, has powerful dragon breath attacks, and all while still boasting an arsenal of ice and water techniques. She's small, making her fragile, but in her environment can writhe her way into a better position with ease. Her ability to swim makes her invaluable as an addition to my team, there are many times where none of my pokémon but her can do what needs be done.

Image Image Skarmory, Steel/Flying, Male, "Silver"
Skarmory is the newest addition to my team and was only with me less than a week before the beginning of my league battles and ascent to the elite four. I can't place why, but when I captured him in the wilderness outside of the Johto League, something told me to trust in his ability during the league battles. He was resilient, almost infuriated with the prospect of being captive. With very little battle training with him done between he and Scizor, the coordination battles were a scary prospect. Tyranitar and Scizor were tremendous partners, but due to their innate size and agility differences, they had very little to offer one another in terms of coordination. Skarmory and Scizor, however, had absolute synergy, my favorite of which is their dual swords dance. A special technique they developed on the spot against the final Rhydon & Typhlosion team was a skill I'd never taught them, one they'd come up with impromptu. Skarmory whirled in the air, causing his razor feathers to rain down around Scizor, who promptly performed his sword dance technique with them in hand. Using absolute precision, Scizor was able to K.O. both Rhydon and Typhlosion while Skarmory performed feather whirlwinds to hide Scizor's true position. I knew I had placed my faith correctly in Skarmory, and since then he has become a very strong ally. He has always had a special distaste for his pokéball which I attribute to his being a bird. He has a very quiet personality, preferring to be perched alone at all times except when training, where his true nature and teamwork come to fruition.

Image Image Alakazam, Psychic, Female, "Violet"
Alakazam is a pokémon that came to me as a gift more than anything else. I was in Kanto battling the gym leaders of that continent when I met the only girl I think I could ever say I loved. She was cold and callous, heartless and by all definitions truly evil, but something about her was inescapably beautiful. Sabrina by name, and anyone from that time would remember her name as the psychic gym leader of Saffron City. I spent far longer in that city than any other in the region as she always had a new trick to throw me for a loop in battle. You might say that I've never lost so many battles to the same person as I did with her. Anyways, though, by the time my Scizor had finally trained to the point where he could match wits with her Alakazam, they had become great friends, at which point Alakazam was finally defeated. Her Alakazam, named Violet for the purple pokéball Sabrina kept her in, was but one of a family of Abrae raised at the gym. Violet requested of Sabrina the opportunity to travel with me in my journeys so that she could learn of the world beyond the gym. Shocked as she was that her first pokémon wanted to go with me, she nearly violently refused before seeing the longing look in Violet's eyes. *Sigh* I wish I could find Sabrina now, Violet and I worry about her so. I know she's strong, she will have made it through this mess; I'll find her...

Image Image Arcanine, Fire, Male, "Red"
Arcanine was actually my mother's pokémon, the family dog I guess you'd say. He spent his entire time at our home as a Growlithe, having fun and enjoying life. Only after he started playing with Larvitar in mock battles did my mom see that he belonged with me as I worked my way to being a pokémon master. When I eventually left home, she asked that I take Growlithe with me on my journey and show him the world. She cried, I remember that day like it was yesterday. I also remember her crying when I beat the elite four... She was so proud of me. I hope she's been alright these past years, it's been so long since I've seen her... Arcanine is one of the most playful of the team, always having fun. To him a battle has always been a big game, making him easily distracted. Still, though, when the going gets tough, he's more than capable of buckling down and shaking up even the quickest of foes. Deathly loyal to me and my team, if the end of the world stared us down, he would do no less than stare back in mute defiance.
  • Other:
I guess I never explained the code names, so I'll do that real fast. I had to give my pokémon code names after we returned to civilization so that I could keep knowledge of what I have with me hidden in trainer battles. I named them all after the pokéball they're in except Tyranitar, he just doesn't like being called Green. It's silly, and neither the pokémon or I like it, but we all understand the necessity for it.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:45 am

You're both confirmed as ready, was there any doubt? :p

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Character Guidelines/Submission

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:43 am

I think I'm done unless Hito or someone else desires changes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Trainer: Liscio

Father: Samuel; A pokemon scientist. Brought an end to his studies when Liscio was born.
Mother: Julianne; A pokemon breeder. Owned a day care and met Samuel at a pokemon convention. She continues to run her daycare with the help of her husband, according to Liscio.

Story:Since I was born in Saffron, I'd been quite attached to Sabrina, The gym leader of the area! My mother was quite a good friend with her, and I'd see her often, dropping off pokemon at my mom's daycare. I'd seen lots of pokemon there and some other kids, quite fun including that drowzee incident @ - @. I guess my mom and Sabrina got me into pokemon, heck my mom bred my first pokemon for me! My dad taught me the basics and everything and I eventually beat Sabrina herself and got a bit physcic myself! Since then I've been vacationing with my parents and getting badges until I went off to Hoenn for a couple more badges. After that, my boat sort of took a turn for the worse and landed in Karud. When things got worse, I couldn't head back home to Saffron, since then I haven't had much contact with my parents. Worst thing is, I have no connection to my PC so most of my pokemon became impossible to retrieve! So far, I've just been performing errands and earning some money. I've only caught one pokemon so far and it seems as if though the pokemon and the effectiveness of poke balls are beginning to change... Hopefully I'll be ok so I can see my parents again!

Pokemon:

Viola, Ariados - Image
My first pokemon, bred by my mom's pokemon. She was astounded when the egg hatched and the Spinark was purple! I didn't know how spinark looked back then until my dad showed me and since then, Viola has been my favorite pokemon. She and I have gotten a dozens dozens of badges together and It was a big challenge defeating Sabrina but then Viola turned into an Ariados after the battle!

Battle Comments: Viola speeds around the foe dodging attacks frantically, immobilizing the foe with her webs. Once immobilized, she'll go in and attack or just let one of my other pokemon take care of it.

Monty, Girafarig - Image
A gift from Sabrina for defeating her, after all; Viola was weak to her physcic pokemon! Monty was quite weak back then and just getting used to the physcic capabilities he had. It's tail though had no problem, it was tossing around rocks and branches at me all day, eventually I was able to make Monty control it's annoying tail and use it's own physcic abilities. It's been with me for awhile, but only recently while in Hoenn, I took it out of the PC... It's been trying to prove itself in Karud, but it's going to be the toughest challenge yet, for me, and Monty!

Battle Comments: Girafarig prefers to be battling the most, to show off and toy with foes. It is quite gentle but once the tail kicks in, it starts tossing a wave of things at a foe. Once it's tantrum is over, it falls over from exhaustion. Hopefully, I'll teach it to handle that exhaustion so it can fight more.

Zinny, Larvitar - Image
I caught this one while Vacationing with my parents in Johto. I was training with Viola so it could become more resistant to Ice Pokemon... It was struggling in the snow and I decided to take it back with me. When it woke up, it destroyed everything in the cabin and scared the living daylights out of Monty. Monty just starting to beat the Larvitar against the cabin wall until they both fainted! It was pretty brutal but, I just decided to catch the Larvitar so I just tossed a poke ball at it. I named it Zinny because it's quite jumpy, I guess it's fitting right? Riiiggghhhhhttttt?

Battle Comments: Zinny is a jumpy pokemon and jolts around headbutting challengers. Once it gets out of the poke ball, it prefers to stay out until it gets tired. It has quite the endurance and power but it has grown attached to an Everstone, So I don't expect seeing a Pupitar anytime soon :/.

Beauty, Froslass - Image
A prize for winning the lottery. At the time, it was just a Snorunt and The people said it was a male, but I guess they were wrong... I named it Chunky and I guess 'he' didn't like it, so I just called him Chunky rarely and simply called him Runt. Once I gave it a stone to hold while I was looking through my bags, I turned around and it had evolved into a Froslass instead of a Glalie... I renamed Chunky to Froslass after that and she has been treating me slightly better... I dunno, frozen food isn't always too fun actually...

Battle Comments: Beauty prefers not to dirty her hands in combat and has learned to speak quickly. Unless she is offended, she will begin to fight, however she will sometimes enter battle, freeze a foe, and return to her poke ball.

Taai, Aggron - Image
Right before heading to Karud, I was attacked by an Aggron when I was in the Dewford Cave. It was probably berserk at the time, I've been told Aggron was a reserved pokemon, but I think they were mistaken and confused it with Aron... It totally destroyed my pokemon and I left it to some of my water pokemon until I finally weakened it enough! It wasn't even weakened at that point, still chasing me around the cave trying to step on me... I eventually caught it after burning through some of my father's custom poke balls. The poke ball he's contained is different from all the others so I don't release it...

Battle Comments: Taai can speak, strange as it may seem and chooses to ignore me in battle. The majority of the time, he fights the battle his own way. He rarely responds to me and simply retreats into his poke ball. I guess since he hasn't ran away, he acknowledges me for catching him.

Gerbera, Cherrim - Image
The only pokemon I've caught in Karud. It was watching me while I was herding some Ponyta while on an errand I guess. I suppose when the Ponyta were still trotting around, they picked on the Gerbera, what I named this Cherrim. I don't think my dad has seen any pokemon like Cherrim and I'm sure my mom would like to breed more of these, so I guess they'd like to see her. But, Cherrim has began to hide within her petals and has repetitively answered with lots of negativity to all my questions!

Battle Comments: Gerbera doesn't really fight, But I've taught her and Beauty to develop some amazing combos. I've taught Gerbera to fire petals while Beauty freeze them, creating a deadly rain of icy shards. I think this might have also worked with Viola, but they don't really prefer to be around each other...

Other: Note that my character was victim to the fact he didn't have the time to pick his pokemon. He had these pokemon, not including Gerbera on the trip and once he reached Karud, there was no way to retrieve his other pokemon.
I'd believe most of his pokemon will learn to speak eventually.

Mod Notes:
Your posting seems a bit...I'dunno...sloppy. Approved, but I'd consider shying away from the limelight. There's a reason the biggest roles in the story are held by Dusk and Kaome - it takes better mastery of language to be the hero than to be a supporting role.
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:00 am

Gordon Douwes
Born in Seital and being a son of a high-rank officer, Georges Douwes, Gordon had a pleasant childhood. While he was raised in discipline and obedience, all cruelties of war and goings-on passed him by. Loving family, company of other kids from "good houses", general carefreeness. But while receiving good education, Gordon gained some awareness of the world around, and started to think beside his home and Seital. He realised how isolated was he. Hence, Gordon decided to do something for the oppressed land of Karud. He had no doubts, when he heard about Yarin's plea. After receiving a fast training at a small local league and making some inquiries, he bid farewall with his home and journeyed to Yarin, determined to help and decided to continue learning at the spot. But even the frightening tales of fellow travellers couldn't prepare him for the struggles ahead...

=== === ===

Gordon is disciplined and well-organised, but he does only what he regards right and just. He's trusworthy, but seeing the world in black and white and lack of expierience make him a bad leader. He's more of a soldier than a leader. It is unknown, how will he react, when he encounters violence, injustice and corruption. Most of his Pokémon weren't raised for battle, but their status changing attacks and devotion can make that up and synergize well with the 2 tough Pokémon he has.

=== === ===

ImageImage Draken, Flygon
When Georges Douwes realised how firm is his son's decision, he decided to aid him in some way. Thus, he bought Draken and gave him to Gordon. The dragon Pokémon is now Gordon's mount and a worthy companion. But every rose has its thorns. Draken's belief in his own worthiness might turn out troublesome. Especially in a battle, where defeat nor retreat is not option for him.

ImageImage Skunk, Koffing
Known for his unsophisticated jokes, Skunk is a very witty Pokémon. Quite stubborn, but Gordon managed to teach him some tricks, so he can always cover your escape with dense fumes, or daze the enemy with his toxic exhalations.

ImageImage Eleki, Electrode
Eleki is the only real fight Pokémon Gordon has. As a master of electric moves, he's sort of a mentor for Pichu, absurdly the only being that can bring him to order.

ImageImage Fairy, Bellossom
Fairy makes sure everyone's happy, cheering up all around. But don't be misleaded by her looks, as a highly-evolved Pokémon, she's well suited for battles. In fight, her ability to lul, stun and confuse the enemy is indispensable. Fairy is very reliable, maybe even more disciplined than her owner.

ImageImage Sparky, Pichu
Sparky can't stand idleness. He's always jumping around and wants to see everything. Amazingly nimble, he can proof himself worthy in a fight.

ImageImage Featherlight, Swablu
Light sleeper, with keen sight and hearing. She can prove herself a worthy scout. If danger's approaching, she'll warn you. If you're already in danger, she'll protect you. Good as a pair for an offensive Pokémon.

Mod Notes:
So...a sort of "A Team" that succeed through sheer novelty? The pressures on you to have the ideas time and time again. And if you slip up, you've got dead pokemon on your hands. Think about it, maybe give yourself a heavy hitter or too. I'm willing to confirm this guy, but he would not do so well.

Note to Mod:
Edited again, one Pokemon changed and slight adjustments.
Last edited by andriejj on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:56 pm

Tobias Bryant, "Toby"
------------------------
History
My da' was a strong one alright, he was..You know, those people that researched for prehistoric Pokémon. I hear that he used to be a part of Kanto's team of scientists that was in that laboratory explosion on Cinnabar. Important person, my da' was. That was until he disappeared one night. His office was trashed and blood was scattered everywhere. I was a little lad when this happened. When I was about...8? 9? I can't rememb' much but I always remembered the sad face of my ma' cryin' her eyes out. Made my poor soul shiver every time I look back. When I got bigger, we moved from our old house in Saffron to a small town in Karud. Then that was when everythin' went wrong, a pack of houndooms attacked our house. They nearly killed ma'. My ma' was in the hospital for several weeks, yep it was that bad. I didn't know what to do, the attacks were getting much more frequent and the repairs were beginning to vex us. Three years later a package came to my door. Didn't know where it came from or who it came from. But it contained a letter and one Pokéball. I remember these, I saw a trainer battle once on TV before I moved from Saffron. I open the letter only to see two words, -I'm alive-. Who would have known that very letter would have started my new life for me..
-------------------------------------
Pokémon:

Image =Image= Armaldo, 'Sin'nabar
:-: I found this fella in the Pokéball that was with the package, of course it was in his former form. I named him after the island that my da' worked on, add a little play on words and "'Sin'nabar" was born. I did some research and figured out that this Anorith was a prehistoric Pokémon. I felt a rush that I have never felt before. The letter and the Pokémon. It all made sense, my da' was alive somewhere. It's been a long time since I last seen him, I packed up my bags and left that little town. :-:
Battle Notes:
Fights face-on, when in desperation he burrows into the ground to attack from below then returns back into the ground.
=========================================

Image =Image= Kingdra, King
:-: I found this Pokémon as a Seadra, it was quite unexpected really. I was fishing for some food and I happen to see a boat and there was a man that looked furious. At what? I squint my eyes to see a Seadra exhausted. His owner was an abusive owner really, forcing the poor Seadra to work then punishing him for making a small mistake. I couldn't stand to see that kind of abuse. I went out at night, got on the boat and, released the Seadra from his cage and back into the ocean. I sorta felt attached to him, and I wondered if he felt the same. I took out a spare Pokéball, and I looked straight into Seadra's eyes and saw no fear but it was much rather..Acceptance. I grinned and caught the Seadra with no delay, it was strange though after several days later when I released him. He was..Different. A Kingdra. When did he evolve? Was it possible for pokemon to evolve just being caught by a Pokéball? I didn't know what to say, but I named him right on the spot. His name will be "King". :-:
Battle Notes:
Conserves energy for the entire fight, likes to finish everything off in one blow.

Image =Image= Metagross, Genius
:-: "Genius"..That was his name. He is the reason why my Anorith evolved, he is the reason that my Pokémon became stronger, he is the reason why I became stronger. I don't know how he decided to join me in my adventures, for laughs? In interest? Curious fella, but if there was someone to rely on smarts, it would be "Genius". :-:
Battle Notes:
Most durable Pokémon of the group, attacks in quick and short bursts.

Image =Image= Alakazam, Saffron
:-: I got this Alakazam through a trade. I traded it with a clam that I picked up from when I was fishing, I didn't know why he wanted a clam over an Alakazam. I later found out that the guy I traded with used the clam to make a Slowking, don't ask me how he did it. I didn't care, I got a powerful addition to my team. And he reminds me of my old home. Saffron City, especially the Psychic gym that was led by Sabrina. I named him after my home town. A little nostalgia isn't bad. Or at least that is what I would like to think. I also noticed a curious talent that he has. To communicate with me or rather, the ability to communicate with humans through telepathy. It was nice to have someone to talk to every now and then. Oh, I would like to mention that he has a odd sense of humor. :-:
Battle Notes:
Exhausts all of it's energy as much as it can, recovers while the enemy is offguard.

Image =Image= Gengar, Loki
:-: I hate telling this story because I despise ghosts. Ghost Pokémon are the worst. Especially "Loki", whenever I let him out that sunava gun likes to pull pranks on everybody he sees left and right. I don't know why I keep him, he's a pestilence. You wanna know how I met with him? I'll tell ya, I was off in a ghost town, hoping to find someone for any directions to Yarin, I heard that powerful trainers around the region are coming together there and I was hoping to find someone there who have seen my father. But Christ, this town was EMPTY. E. M. P. T. Y. And I would have soon figure out why it was gone. It was haunted by group of ghost Pokémon. All sorts of them too. Ghastlys, Haunters, Misdreavus', etc., and a single Gengar. They were savage like locusts. Sucking the town dry down to the core. I tried to do something, but that Gengar liked to play games. And he wouldn't stop, so eventually I gave up and left. Several kilometers I notice a dark atmosphere has surrounded me, I turn around with a Pokéball to see a large face against my face. That bloody Gengar has decided to follow me. I tried catching him several times for a week until he decided to take a nap. I took the chance and caught him. Amazingly he's loyal when it comes to battles, but when I pull him out for a little fresh air. Fak that, it's too damn scary to remember the last time I let him out. :-:
Battle Notes:
Likes to play with the enemy. Remains evasive for having 0 attack power

Image =Image= Umbreon, Pandora
:-: I discovered this Pokémon near Yarin. It was injured to the point where it couldn't move, I panicked and treated her with Pokémon medicine that I got from my ma'. It took several days of tending til it was up and runnin'. I was surprised with the quick recovery. It reminded me of my house cat that we used to have in Saffron, it was a stray that broke her leg and my parents decided to take her in. It was a short lived memory since her owner found out that she was with us. But man, I loved that cat. After seeing that Umbreon up and runnin', it reminded of that cat. Instead of sticking it inside a Pokéball, I allowed it to follow me in the open. A life with no hassle, that's the kind of life I would like.. :-:
Battle Notes:
Flees from battle in the day when her power is at it's weakest, during the night Pandora uses the advantage to hide and strike when the enemy is offguard.

Mod Notes:
I like this guy. But a couple of things. First off, a pokemon that has never been caught by a ball...scary, scary things are going to happen, and he's probably going to run away. You can have him out most of the time, but if he's never been caught he'll probably bolt. AND, I need to know more about fighting. Who burns energy, whos conservative but weak, who can show initiative, etc. I'm seeing the basics of that, I'd just like more.

Comments: Alright, revising. Not sure about Pandora though, kinda like the non-Pokéball feel. I'll see what I can think up.
Comments#2: I tried doing the battle notes idea, if it's not specific enough. I'll redo it.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:24 pm

Andriejj and Loki, you're both good to go.

Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Finished!
Giacomo Vincenzi

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Trainer History

I was born and raised in Jin, and let me tell you, it isn't pretty. The No-mans Land a few miles south of town are horrible, the dead and dying pokemon and humans sounding pitiful, at last reunited in the pain of their last moments. Yeah, i've seen it. I remember a time before the Ferals though, a time when Pokes and Humans worked together. I was young, but I still remember my first hint that the winds of war were beginning to blow...

Running, running. The tremors of the ground increase. Can't stop, can't wait, gotta run. RUN. Jake cries out for help, but we can't stop. Not if we want to live. Insane... The giant coming in behind us, his horns reaching out to skewer us. RUN. Jake cries out one last time, but its a waste of breath. The beast catches him, spearing him through the chest. He is silenced forever. Gotta keep running. The ground shakes harder. It roars, and it redoubles its efforts. Can't stop. Keep moving. I feel like crying with fear, but I know to do that would be wasting precious air. RUN.

At last. Adults. They can help. It gets Ryan when he slows down just a bit. KEEP MOVING. Pain in my chest, legs, everywhere, but can't stop. Can't stop. The adults start shouting, and one runs inside a nearby building. They can't help me. Keep moving.

I veer to the left. Whats that? A shadow in the rocks? No, a CAVE. RUN. Get inside, keep moving. I hear the roar, feel the POWER as the beast batters the entrance. Trying to get at me. Massive, powerful arms reach in, trying to get me, but I retreat deeper in the crevice. It roars anew. Anger...

Yeah, I still remember that. The medics couldn't believe I survived with minor bruises and scratches. All told, the Nidoking killed my friends Jake (they found his body back in the woods) and Ryan (his trampled remains a few yards away from the entrance to the crevice that saved me). Tracing the steps of the rabid pokemon and the account I gave of my flight from the beast's territory, they found a squallid cave filled with corpses of other unfortunates. Hell of a thing for a child to go through, right?

That was only the beginning. I grew up some, and became a Trainer. Seeing my friends ripped apart like that... I just couldn't deal with others that well anymore. But the pokemon knew it. My first, then a Ralts, saw it in me. They seemed to gravitate towards me, fellow anguished souls who had lost their own. We're all we've got now, as none of us have a place to go back to. We just... survive.

Pokemon

Image Noir // Gardevoir - Psychic

Noir was my first, and she's still the closest thing I have to family. I'd heard of Ralts being sensitive to human emotion, yet had thought nothing of it until the slim little creature came out of nowhere and floated in mid-air in front of my astonished face. It seemed friendly enough, and its sudden appearance and subsequent willingness to follow me only deepend the mystery. Not until I had had her for many years did I learn that she had sensed the pain of my friend's deaths, and had sought to comfort me and remove at least some of the aura of anguish that had surrounded me in the psychic Aether. Noir's devotion has kept me going these past years, and our bond only seemed to grow as she evolved from a Ralts into a Kirlia, and from there into a Gardevoir.

Battle Notes
In battle, Noir is more of a "Strategist", relying on attacking when her opponents are the most exposed and using the environment to her advantage. She may also let an opponent make the first move in order to assess the abilities of her rival. Her powerful Psychic abilities can cripple most pokemon, but her physical abilities are severely lacking. A "Glass Cannon" type.

ImageLugosi // Haunter - Ghost/Poison

Ah, Lugosi, another pokemon that seemed to follow my misery. A playful spirit, it seemed to delight in making me mad, making me laugh, and making me forget about the trauma. It was a Gastly when first met it, but its since evolved into a Haunter, and quite a mischievous one at that. A change seems to come over it when it enters battle, however. No longer is it the merry prankster, the laughing rogue. Instead, it turns into a thing of pure horror, and can dominate the psyche of a pokemon with it's worst fears. It drains the mind of it's opponent, and leaves them a withered, broken husk. I'd never want to make him mad, but so far he's always come back and become the friendly companion.

Battle Notes
In battle, Lugosi is more of a "Controller", who likes to keep his opponent well in check and moving only when he wants them to. Using his naturally amorphous form to his advantage along with his inherently disturbing Ghost nature, he can prey on the weakness of the weak-minded. Like Noir, however, he can fall easily if going against an opponent that has more stamina than him if it comes down to a battle of attrition. A "Crowd Control" type

Image Capone // Honchkrow - Dark/Flying

One of the few who didn't come to me first, surprisingly. I happened upon Capone during the opening salvos of the war, when hostilities between humans and pokemon had finally begun in earnest. The killing fields had strayed near a previously untouched patch of forest, and the flock of Murkrows that had lived there was now dead and dying all around. At the center of it all and still fighting on was the pround patriarch of the flock, a look of despair and rage apparent at the destruction of his family. He nearly died from bloodloss before I managed to get him to some help, but he recovered once his wounds were done up. He was never the same afterwards, though he regained that proud and arrogant look of someone in charge once he could once again soar. He still distrusts me to some extent, but sessions with Noir have relieved some of Capone's stress.

Battle Notes
Capone is a reserved fighter, though his attacks are powerful when he does attack. His way of fighting is more about wearing down his opponent with his large reserves of stamina, then striking when his opponent has been broken down. Using his flight to his advantage, he also surveys the battlefield to more effectively combat his foes. In longer battles he can reign supreme, but against faster opponents he can be quickly taken out. His status as a pokemon who has clawed his way to the top of clan has also lent him an unorthodox view when it comes to problems. A "Utility" type.

Image Batista // Houndoom - Dark/Fire

Batista. Even the name sends a slight chill down my back. All I know is that i'd rather have him by my side then across the battlefield from me. Another pokemon we rescued from the killing fields, the old pokemon was at the center of a large circle of charred bodies. We fixed him up, and he's joined with me ever since. Not as partners, though. More like... associates. He'll take advice when he feels like it and doesn't really listen to me except when battling, and even then he sometimes makes his own judgement calls. His charges leave most pokemon dead and dying, but unfortunately he uses up his reserves quickly.

Battle Notes
Batista is an explosive fighter, capable of taking and dishing out large amounts of damage in a short span of time. His style of fighting focuses on battering the opponents defenses until they admit defeat. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the reserves to do this for long, and pretty soon he ends up collapsing from exhaustion as his still-scarred body begins feeling it's age. His singlemindedness actually turns out to be an asset, however, as not many minds can break his will. Another "Tank" type.

Image Belladonna // Vileplume - Grass/Poison

A laid-back member of my little troupe. Not much to her story, really, other than she was really lethargic when we found her. We didn't try to kill her and she didn't try to kill us, so we just went ahead and haven't looked back since. We think she might have suffered sometime in the past, as the underside of her mushroom has extensive scarring, but other than that she seems perfectly normal, if very lethargic. On the inside, however... Noir took a look once, and she's never told me what she saw. But the feeling of sheer terror that came from her when she looked was enough to convey a bit of what she saw. We might never know, and frankly, given Noir's reaction, i'm not sure I want to.

Battle Notes
Belladonna is a well-rounded fighter, in general. Using the various spores located in each leaf of her mushroom-like head, she can disable many kinds of enemies, though she isn't really strong other than that. However, when in the sun, she can synthesize it's energy into a blast of almost pure energy, which takes out many pokemon that let her charge it up. She is completely helpless while she is charging, though, and very vulnerable to any kind of attacks. A "Support" type.

Image Hermes // Sneasel - Dark/Ice

Ah, the quick one. We found Hermes near-dead, or rather he found us. He ran out of the woods towards our base camp, and we would have taken him down if he hadn't collapsed a few feet in front our perimeter. Severely dehydrated and emaciated, he kept trying to run even while unconscious, and we did the best we could with the supplies we had. Hermes quickly recovered, and he stayed near us out of neccessity, as we found out through Noir that he had angered a warlord of one of the Feral Masses. Fearing for his life, he had escaped, and had not once looked back. His superior speed and damage output gave him an advantage, but when traveling through an enemy Mass, only Speed made much of a difference. He spends a lot of his time running around our camp, looking for hidey-holes and secret places in which to stash stuff.

Battle Notes
Hermes is a speedy fighter. Using his speed to get an edge on his opponents, he subsequently uses his claws and various slowing attacks to bring down much bigger foes. Like Batista, however, he can't keep up his insane speed forever, and loses quickly if he cannot beat his opponent within a few minutes. He can also jump to astonishing heights, due to his developed legs, and evade many attacks that others would have to take. A "DPS" type.

Mod Notes:
Hmm...this seems very "video-gamey". I mean, DPS type? Keep in mind this is a STORY beyond all else. I'm going to say you're approved...but...remember, story.
Also, we are pretending the bird has no hat. Birds don't wear hats.
Last edited by Vinnam on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:34 pm

Will Ottsen
:-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-:
Image:-=-:Image
Background:
That old man with the old suit -- the same suit he wore on the day his family's mansion was destroyed. He still wears that brown suit in remembrance of the ones he loved. Coming from the rich Ottsen family of Karud, he lived the majority of his life in luxury. He can remember the incredibly easily life he lived as a youngster. If he wanted something, he would get it. If he didn't want it, he would get it anyway. He remembers his glory days, running quite a prosperous business, following in his father's footsteps as the head of Silph Co. after the trouble that had happened during his childhood. He had learned a lot about the business by heading Silph for a decade before it went under. His father and grandfather had worked so hard to raise it back up after Giovanni had control over it. It was a shame, but he still had his estate in Karud to retire to, and maybe from there revive Silph and bring it back to it's former glory before HE went under, too.

And in an instant, Will forgot all of that. Now was what mattered. He smelt something burning. What? He wasn't cooking anything. He quickly looked overhead, and rolled off his chair onto the ground as a ceiling beam crashed through his desk. Should've ran right away, but no, he reached over the burning beam to nab his hat before exiting his room. He looked about what he could see, observing as more beams crashed down before realizing he had to get out NOW. He leaped off second floor railing down onto the first floor, rolling again to dodge another beam. He lay there, on his back staring up at the roaring flames devouring what was his shelter for so many years from the world around him.

But many years have passed since then. And with the realization that there is no shelter, the desire for it disappears.

Pokémon:
ImageImage"Aegis", Rhydon
...because of the first day he was alive. The first thing he saw, other than his mom and dad, was the Rhydon that guarded his mansion. And what the saw, that guardian, Will would never forget.

ImageImage"Exodus", Rhydon
...because of the last day he would see the ones he loved. As his mansion collapsed to the ground, as he froze in place watching it fall, the colossal Pokémon carried him out of the wreckage. What they had done to him, his master, Exodus would never forget. The scars Exodus bears are a sign of his loyalty to his master, something there isn't much of now.

Other:
I know two Pokémon is risky.

Mod Notes:
Well, you'd probably have to be a bit more conservative then the people with six (unless you just want to catch a bunch right away.) But if you want to be a less "heroic" character, hats off to you and approved. But I'm not going to give you two super-awesome ones to "make up" for not having six. Your two are just as strong as any other two. If this is what you want...go ahead.
Last edited by Sabertooth on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Cecil's 'Character Sheet'

Post by Cecil » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:51 pm

*A WORK-IN-PROGRESS*; Taking me time cause I want to get it right. // Also, PLEASE NOTE that I am trying to adjust to the story (which is changing, according to what I've heard in channel). Also note that I LACK NAMES for the towns, and such because I don't know what's what with the map atm.

Line-up
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Line-up from left to right: Cecil R. Siegfried, Armor, Epitaph, Faris, The Somnus, Eclypse, Seadenstraught
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Trainer
ImageCecil L. Siegfried
•Birth: sudden and unplanned--it was of utmost urgency that he be born as soon as possible... and Karud was the most "trusted place", so says Cecil's father. The rest, besides these details, were not disclosed to Cecil, leaving much to question, as to who his mother is, and why his father has been mysteriously not speaking about it. Without any attachments or knowledge what-so-ever of such a lady, he has given little though to it at all. In the absence of a mother, though, Cecil seems to lack compassion & remorse for many things.
•Early Life & Pre-Teen/Teen Years: Cecil helped his father Kain in his rather small fish market by the seaside of the big city they only recently moved to, entailing the events surrounding of his sudden birth. Fish were stocked by those Kain caught, and sorted (to an extent) by Cecil.
As Cecil grew older, Kain taught him more about running the family shop--shelving, handling currency, and other tasks which would prepare him for running it himself, once his father passed on.
•Present-Day Appearance & Age:
•Present-Day Personality:
•Weapons: (Prime) Bonescythe (Secondary) Loose change, Paper Knives, Shovel, Crowbar
Bonescythe Concept Art

Trainer's Father
Capt. Kain Roland Siegfried
•Early Life & Pre-Teen/Teen Years: Unknown to Cecil.
•Early Life & Pre-Teen/Teen Years Personality: Unknown to Cecil.
•Present-Day Appearance & Age: XX.
•Present-Day Personality: First and foremost, still the father of Cecil--all else has come after that fact.
•Present-Day Status: Where-a-bouts are unknown. Suspected to be sailing at sea, in the Red Tide.

Pokémon
Image Epitaph // Cubone - Ground // Pokéball: None
-
-In Combat:

Image Armor // Egg - ??? // Pokéball: None
-In Combat:

Image Faris // Jigglypuff - Normal // Pokéball: Image
-On the long, arduous trek to <ghost town-ish name>, 'Soam'
-In Combat:

Image The Somnus // Snorlax - Normal // Pokéball: Image
-In Combat:

Image Eclypse // Gengar - Ghost/Psychic // Pokéball: Image
-In Combat:

Image -> Image Seadenstraught //Magikarp - Water —> Red Gyrados - Flying/Water // Pokéball: Image
-In Combat:
Last edited by Cecil on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 am, edited 8 times in total.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:08 am

I really like some points from the submitted characters so far and not so many from the others. I dislike Loki's use of a pokemon that he doesn't have captured. All of my pokemon are 'captured', though they're just as loyal as any free, happy, and excited pokemon could be. I also really like Loki's story. "I'm alive." That's just epic shit and a totally clever way to get a guy to be a poke trainer. Good stuff.

I really like Saber's character, and despite his pokemon having incredibly tacky names that resemble my maps way too closely, (Exodus? Advent?) I genuinely appreciate the fact that he has the balls to say I don't need 6 pokemon and that his story is cool. He legitimately made himself an old, once-rich dude and it worked. I say he's good to go, but I'll still nudge for better pokemon names. :p

I like Vinnam's character and team on the whole. I like that they're bound by anguish, it gives the character a wonderful individualness and solemnity to it. I must confess though, I totally don't buy that your bird pokemon is a tank. I'm sorry, Honchkrow would explode under a Tyranitar or some equivalent's fist.

About Cecil's, I want to emphasize that it's lame to use two trainer sprites for your character. Ditch the whole father sprite thing and just pick one for yourself. Later on, if no one uses that trainer sprite, you can use it for something if it really matters. (Which it doesn't) Additionally, I think it's really lame that you've already planned for your pokemon to evolve, ie. Gyarados. Your magikarp very well may die long before it ever gets a chance to evolve, this is not the happy go-lucky world of pokemon you're used to.

I also want to say that I really dislike that people are using my pokeball images for their own teams. I made those specifically for my team for a reason, you know, so that they'd be special to my team. *Cough* Cecil *Cough* I have a generic pokeball icon uploaded to my photobucket if you want to use it, it's in the first post.

Arcane
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Arcane » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:05 am

Matthew

From the Johto region, Matt is gifted with psychic abilities, which he has been developing by himself since he first discovered them at the age of six. His abilities help him bond much more easily and more deeply with his Pokemon than most trainers. He now travels the lands, exploring and adventuring, seeking to improve both his powers as a psychic and as a trainer, hoping one day to defeat his brother in battle. His latest expedition was to Karud on board the ship Marigold...
====================================
Image Image Image Image Image Image
==============================================================
Matthew's Story

Our ship, the Marigold sank. A feral Gyarados did it, whipping up a monstrous storm which engulfed the ship entirely and dragged it down into the eager maw of the ocean.

I was one of the lucky ones. When the first waves hit the ship, people inside were thrown across the room, slamming into tables, chairs, walls... those who were rendered unconscious, or who were badly injured never had a chance when the water came. But I was prepared. Something had been bugging me ever since the beginning of the long voyage, call it intuition. I was alert, and my training saved me. If I had slammed into the steel walls with full force, I would not have lived to tell this tale. Instead, it merely shattered the bones in my left arm. The rest of it I owe to Salvix and Flare.

I was dazed by the impact, and paralyzed by the pain, everything else seemed so far away, so unreal, only the pain mattered, the pain which engulfed my entire being so that I could not even think straight. It became clear to me later on that my training was far from complete, I allowed my pain to distract me from my true purpose. Flare never lost her head though, she never does. "The ship is sinking. Water will be coming soon," she had said, nipping me in the shoulder to catch my attention. "We have to go."

I didn't budge, so she was forced to drag me down the hall in an most undignified manner. Going so slow, we never would have made it. The water was what woke me. When the first wave came down the stairs and rushing into the hallway, I came to my senses, and realized the graveness of the situation. I spluttered and coughed and returned my soaking companion to her Pokeball, she would not be able to survive outside. I needed someone else, and Starwort was soaring the skies far from the ship...

I was able, somehow, to find my way to the opening, where the ship had presumably smashed upon the rocks. Salvix dragged me behind him, my left arm aflame and limp, trailing along as I clung to him with my right. I must've passed out or something, because the rest of the journey was a blur, but when I woke again, it was with the taste of sand in my mouth, and I was lying face down on a short stretch of sand, the waves lapping at my feet.

Image Image "Morphia" (Espeon), Psychic, Female
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I was fascinated with Pokemon even as a boy, and my brother, a great trainer whom I am still unable to beat, knew it, so when his Eevee gave birth, he decided to give me two from the litter. They were Morphia and Bolt. And since my village was small and there were few other children, they became my bestest companions, there was never a moment when you looked and they were not beside me, I even let them sleep in my bed! (And secretly fed them scraps of food which I had hated and snuck from the dinner table.)

Morphia, though older, was always the shy one, trotting behind me meekly while her brother tore around like a mischievous hurricane, and she still is. But really, that's what I love about her, her quiet but unwavering support is one of the things that kept me going when the times became hard.

Combat: Morphia doesn't excel in any area in particular, but is a spectacularly well rounded combatant, in speed, defense, and offense.

Image Image "Bolt" (Jolteon), Electric, Male
Bolt is Morphia's younger and wilder brother, when I was a boy, it was she who brought me comfort, but it was he who brought me laughter. He was like a younger brother to me almost, if you get my meaning, always up to no good, with an insatiable curiosity and a knack for getting into trouble. I must've spent half my childhood running around the countryside chasing him or looking for him, and I was scolded more than once when he ravaged the house with his wild antics. There was no question really of what he should evolve to. A Jolteon seemed to fit his personality perfectly.

Combat: The most elusive and agile member of my team, Bolt relies on his speed and reflexes to win battles. With high energy and good endurance, Bolt wears his opponent down with quick hit-run tactics, crippling them with paralysis and exhaustion, and then if he gets a chance, ends the battle with his most devastating attack, Thunder.

Image Image "Flare" (Ninetails), Fire, Female
Flare was the first Pokemon I caught in the wild. Actually, that statement is a little misleading. It was entirely an accident that I found her shivering in the bushes one rainy day. I nearly tripped over her and broke my neck.

...I never did find out what happened to her, perhaps her trainer had abandoned her, or she had been separated from her mother. I haven't asked her, and I probably never will. Whatever the reason, that rainy, cold night found her huddled, thoroughly miserable and bedraggled, cowering in the meager shelter of the plants. She was so sapped of energy when I came along, that she barely budged when I stumbled on her, or when I reached down to pick her out of the mud. Only when I had brought her into the shelter of a nearby cave, and had lit a campfire for the two of us, did she finally give me one forlorn mew.

I spent the next two days searching for a trainer who had lost his or her Vulpix, and at the same time questioning townspeople about nearby Ninetails. It was all in vain. In the end I decided that I couldn't just leave her, so I took her in. She didn't seem to mind, in fact, she was positively delighted with me after she had fully recovered, and was particularly taken by Bolt...

Combat: Flare a strategist, very intelligent - I find that she can respond to any situation with ease, with little or no direction from me. She has to be really, because though she is a powerhouse, spewing searing hot flames that beat down even the toughest of opponents, she is not built for endurance, nor is she well equipped with natural defenses. Her usual tactic is to find a way to pin down her opponents and then finish them off with one fierce blow.

Image Image "Salvix" (Sharpedo), Water/Dark, Male
I captured Salvix during my stay in Terria. It began when Morphia sickened. She looked fine at first, and I wasn't too worried about it, but within a couple of days her situation was near critical. Her temperature was burning hot, and had no intention whatsoever of dropping. I was frantic. The city where I had come from was miles away, she wouldn't make it so far. Luckily, I stumbled across a remote fishing-village on the coast, where one family was kind enough to take us in. Once medicine was administered, her health improved dramatically, and so it was that three days later, when I heard of the fishermen's plight, I did not hesitate to offer my assistance.

Their problem was a gang of Sharpedos that had invaded the waters where the fishermen fished, and since fishing was what put food on the table for more than half the village, it was a major headache for the families. Unable to refuse the people who had been so kind to me, I climbed aboard family's ship on their next fishing expedition with Bolt at my side, ready to deal with anything.

The Sharpedos were ferocious hunters, and battle did not go easy, but in the end, we managed to shock them into submission. Their ferocity and uncanny intelligence had made an impression on me however, and since I was lacking a water Pokemon, Salvix joined my team. He is a bit dark and bloodthirsty at times, and seems unwilling or unable to speak, but he has always been a loyal companion to me, and has helped me out of some tough situations more than once.

Combat: Salvix is primarily an opportunistic, close-ranged fighter who is brimming with power and speed but is short on endurance. Because of this, he typically utilizes stealth and false lunges to confuse his prey, fading into the shadows each time, until finally, spotting an opening, he comes in, jaws wide, to finish the fight in an instant. Against land-based foes, he hurls himself full length out of the water, seeking to drag them into the watery depths and suffocate them.

Image Image "Starwort" (Salamence), Dragon/Flying, Male
Starwort is a born warrior. I was exploring deep in the Meteor Falls the day I met him. Dusk was just beginning to set in, and I was horribly lost, half blind in the darkness, when he fell with a tremendous BANG right in front of me. To my astonishment, he sprung to his feet immediately, as he he hadn't just fallen from a cliff onto his head, and appraised me haughtily. I backed away from his glare but he was not to be soothed. He aimed his skull at me and leapt with surprising speed and accuracy, I dodged aside, but the rock behind me crumbled. He came again, but this time I was prepared, and fumbled for the Pokeball which held Granik. The Bagon's boldness did not diminish the slightest, and he put one foot forward in an arrogant challenge to giant before him. I was dumbstruck by his courage and determination and knew in that instant, that this was the fifth Pokemon I had been searching for. Recalling Granik, I stepped forward, quite defenseless really, bent down, and held out my hand, touching his mind as I did, expressing my intentions wordlessly. We must've stared at each other for a whole minute before he relented, and though he joined me on my journey, he point blank refused to enter the Pokeball, deciding instead to waddle alongside me as we went.

Combat: Starwort is a well balanced fighter with good power, speed, and endurance, and is the most versatile of all of my Pokemon. He uses flight and agility to his advantage, dodging his opponent's attacks with fluid grace, and is able to easily switch between ranged and melee combat. Incinerating enemies with long jets of flame or raking them with claws of steel, he is formidable against both aerial and grounded foes.

Image Image "Streak" (Sandslash), Ground, Male
Another born fighter, Streak relishes the taste of battle and gets along extremely well with Starwort. The two of them are like rivals, pitting their skills against each other in heated battles every once in a while and then collapsing on the grass, grinning contentedly and lazily at each other like old friends...

I found Streak while crossing a desert. Or rather, he found me. You can imagine my surprise when, in the middle of the day, in this empty expanse of sand, a Sandslash stepped up to confront me, as bold as you please. It turned out that Streak had been doing it for ages, seeking out and challenging trainers whenever he saw them, honing his battle skills. None ever beat him.

The battle between us was the most fierce I’ve ever had with any wild Pokemon. He put on a good performance, defeating Morphia and Flare before he was finally overcome by Starwort, then still a Bagon. Humbled and eager to continue his training with one he deemed superior to himself, he “spoke” to me of his request and has been at my side ever since.

Combat: Powerful both defensively and offensively, Streak’s only weakness is his mediocre speed, which he makes up with crafty ambush attacks from underground or sneak attacks from within the veil of a sandstorm.

Mod Notes:
Well...you still seem to have a bit too big of an idea of what they can do. But if that's a problem, you'll be the one who's surprised when they lose, so no skin off my back. Approved.
Last edited by Arcane on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:28 am, edited 28 times in total.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:16 pm

This topic is for character submissions only. I just made a post to comment on everyone because it would be weird if 3 different people were editing your posts with feedback. Please, if you have a problem with what I say, post it in the out of character topic. All extraneous posts have been moved.

Return to “Pokémon”