Karud OoC

Dive into the world of Karud and explore Pokémon like you've (maybe) never seen them before! This RP is currently headed by our resident hitogoroshi with assistance from the typical Kaome and Rising_Dusk.
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Karud OoC

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Here goes the talky-talky.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Karud OoC

Post by Loki » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:24 am

Hay, are we allowed to reference the other regions?
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:00 am

Yes, of course. I reference both Kanto and Johto in my story.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:21 pm

First round of mod notes up.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:47 pm

Kewl. Gonna revise now.
ImageImageImageImage

Loki
Gypsy

temp2

Post by Loki » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:11 am

Yeah, I figured that would be a drag when I finished up my sheet. But I'm glad that you liked my story <3
ImageImageImageImage

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Character Guidelines/Submission

Post by Cecil » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:21 am

Rising_Dusk wrote: About Cecil's, I want to emphasize that it's lame to use two trainer sprites for your character. Ditch the whole father sprite thing and just pick one for yourself. Later on, if no one uses that trainer sprite, you can use it for something if it really matters. (Which it doesn't) Additionally, I think it's really lame that you've already planned for your pokemon to evolve, ie. Gyarados. Your magikarp very well may die long before it ever gets a chance to evolve, this is not the happy go-lucky world of pokemon you're used to.

I also want to say that I really dislike that people are using my pokeball images for their own teams. I made those specifically for my team for a reason, you know, so that they'd be special to my team. *Cough* Cecil *Cough*
Removed for now, and once you see the story, you'll see how it'll be very important.

About the Gyrados thing: if you -read- my HUGE-arse header, you'd see that it's unfinished... it'll all make sense if people would just SHUT UP about my freaking Pokemon... -hell-, I didn't even make one damn sentence about them, and people start bitchin' in chan (more than the usual rant/flame).
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

temp3

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:35 am

It's not bitching, it's concerns. If you'd actually read what I say, it's impossible to predict that your pokemon will even live to evolve unless they start evolved. Also, I hardly buy into your claim that you're some great trainer if you get around with a Magikrap. Seriously.

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:39 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:It's not bitching, it's concerns. If you'd actually read what I say, it's impossible to predict that your pokemon will even live to evolve unless they start evolved. Also, I hardly buy into your claim that you're some great trainer if you get around with a Magikrap. Seriously.
Don't recall saying that--quote me on it.

I shouldn't have posted jack until it was all complete, but I didn't want people stealing my ideas which I discussed in channel, so I went and posted improperly. This was because I had questions to ask about the setting and then it got tied into how I was going to use what was in my RP.

Atm, not revealing much until every thing's done, so just don't comment untill THE MAXIMUM SIZE HEADER THAT TELLS PEOPLE ITS NOT DONE, is gone. I mean seriously... maybe I'm flipping out here, but.... :/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:00 am

I made a pokeball for the forum ;3

ImageImage

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/UnluckyVoidAngel/MyPokeball.jpg[/IMG]

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/UnluckyVoidAngel/MyPokeball-1.jpg[/IMG]
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:16 am

[*]Who's awesome? You're awesome!: As a trainer who can control six (it takes more willpower to have more, even captive) we're roleplaying top of the line characters. The threats are instead large organized forces (pack of Pinsers, Electrode Cannons, etc.) and, of course, the Elite Four. But in a one on one, our only real threats are eachother.
Hito wrote that here.

Oh, and I know I just contributed to being off the whole point of the thread, but we should try and keep this to just character submissions and such from now on. If Hito, Dusk or Kaome's (they're managing the whole thing as far as I know) comments on your character offend you in any way, you should take it to personal messages so as not to clutter the thread from here on out, I think.

Sorry if I'm out of line in any of this, by the by. I know it's you guys running this, not me, and it's probably quite beneficial to discuss the characters so as to help alleviate some confusion future submitters may have on certain points, but I'd still prefer to read their stories instead of complaints on 'em, myself. =P

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am

Eh, sorry about the whole names thing Dusk, I was just looking for names with relationships like that. Honestly not meant to flatter or hint to the maps, the two were just the last words I could think of.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:33 pm

Cecil wrote:Don't recall saying that--quote me on it.
Scarlet's got it here, the whole premise of the RP is that you're a great trainer helping out against the loads of organized ferals attacking the city. If you're NOT a great trainer, you should not be in the RP. That is how it goes. So yes, your Magikrap is totally out of place in the RP since it serves no purpose other than to evolve into something cool at a later, undisclosed point in time. Additionally, my other comment still holds, your Magikrap is more likely to die than evolve in combat.
Cecil wrote:I shouldn't have posted jack until it was all complete, but I didn't want people stealing my ideas which I discussed in channel, so I went and posted improperly. This was because I had questions to ask about the setting and then it got tied into how I was going to use what was in my RP.

Atm, not revealing much until every thing's done, so just don't comment untill THE MAXIMUM SIZE HEADER THAT TELLS PEOPLE ITS NOT DONE, is gone. I mean seriously... maybe I'm flipping out here, but.... :/
No, you should be posting and updating frequently so that we can discuss the problems with your character, since clearly there are quite a few. And yes, you are flipping out, and for no good reason at that. I am not attacking your character, heck, I had negative things to say about other characters than yours too, but you seem to think I'm singling you out of something. I'm only responding to you because you had a temper tantrum in the first place. Now chill.
Scarlet wrote:Oh, and I know I just contributed to being off the whole point of the thread, but we should try and keep this to just character submissions and such from now on. If Hito, Dusk or Kaome's (they're managing the whole thing as far as I know) comments on your character offend you in any way, you should take it to personal messages so as not to clutter the thread from here on out, I think.

Sorry if I'm out of line in any of this, by the by. I know it's you guys running this, not me, and it's probably quite beneficial to discuss the characters so as to help alleviate some confusion future submitters may have on certain points, but I'd still prefer to read their stories instead of complaints on 'em, myself. =P
You're not out of line and I went ahead and did some topic voodoo to split all of the extraneous posts out of that thread to Out of Character.
Intoxicated_Crayon wrote:I made a pokeball for the forum ;3
They're a little bit too gaudy for a generic pokeball. I edited in my own basic pokeball to the character submissions first post for people to use a bit ago, it looks just like the basic ones in the TV show and games.
Sabertooth wrote:Eh, sorry about the whole names thing Dusk, I was just looking for names with relationships like that. Honestly not meant to flatter or hint to the maps, the two were just the last words I could think of.
Kaome pointed it out to me at first and I thought it was funny. Even if unintentional, you happened to name your pokemon after my maps, which says something about the unconscious. :p Besides, I'll be blunt, Advent is a really bad name for a pokemon anyways, I like Aegis much more.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:11 pm

We totally need a Misty in our RP. SCARLET, JOIN US :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImage

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Dusk and Loki went for some really hardcore Pokemon ;P

Return to “Pokémon”