Beyond the Shattered Looking Glass

This place was made by the Deathand, and the Deathand keeps it. Here you may find all manner of stories and ideas he wishes the world to see. Enter traveler, behold its wonders.
Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:35 am

Note: I will give you fair warning this once. This will spiral into a thing that makes very little sense, with words that have no meaning and scenes intended for mature readers. I'm not saying there will be sex, but hints of that, guts, gore, etc. This is not happy go lucky Walt style. This is what was intended. At this juncture I am not accepting any Initiates. Patience, enjoy it...insanity can't be taken in haste.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This...place.
It has had a great many names over the course of history. Limbo, R'leyth, The Void, Outer Darkness, Purgatory, The Dreamscape, Shadesrealm, just to name a few of the more, colorful ones. Every Human generation, a sacrifice must be made to the madness. A sacrifice must be thrust into this world to keep theirs safe. Only a select few families....Bloodlines rather, can achieve this. Only they can keep the pact that keeps the borders. Only they can strengthen the ties that Bind this world from theirs. Only they have the ability to keep madness from spilling out into their streets and destroying everything they hold so very dear. Only those 'lucky' few.

That is to say, not everything went swimmingly.
There were occasions, when the people of the real world got, lazy. They fell behind on the sacrifice due dates and so, HE sent them a reminder. Normally this occurred in the form of a man or woman that went, a little crazy, you could say so. Sometimes, HE made it a little more...elemental. You might recognize these few. Nero, Adolf Hitler, Jack the Ripper, The Blood Countess Elizabeth Bathory, Lewis Carroll. Heard of them? I thought as much. As for the world shaking events, I'm sure you will know them. Atlantis, boy were they a stuck up bunch, Pompeii, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Chernobyl, just to name the brighter batch. Heard of them? I suspected you would.

Recently, things have very much gotten out of hand.
You see, HE made a deal with little girl. Oh I will remember her for all times. She is quite the looker, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Forgive me. Yes, HE made a deal and decidedly screwed things up. Not quite FUBARed, but we are still reeling from his course of action. You see, until Alice Liddle came along, no one had EVER gone back. True enough We that is uh - HE, kept her sanity her as hostage in exchange for the rest of her going back into their world and living out a normal life in exchange for those fanciful stories she tells. You see, HE REALLY wants to cross-over. I suspect she didn't much live a normal life, why else would her ravishing daughter be on this side of the loo- AHP! I'm getting ahead of myself aren't I? I left my damn tea somewhere...Sorry. Where was I?

Ah yes, things out of hand.
Well, let me tell you. HE isn't all HE is cracked up to be. True enough, no-one else is foolish enough to challenge him at his own game. There was that once, but that fool couldn't handle the sheer malevolence HE can unleash. A pity, I could have used swordsman. Believe it or not but eighty fraggin' percent of the dupes that get chucked into this hell hole are women. Why is that you wonder? Well I'd tell you but you'd probably get mad. No? Promise. PROMISE. Fine.
They are easy to trick into doing things. Blondes mostly. I'M SERIOUS! I swear on my blade that five generations ago the sacrifice went without a fuss because the priests, loose term now, not so much in the flash and robes anymore. The Priest chucked in a twenty dollar bill and the dupe walked right in to her own funeral. But those Brunettes. They are a royal pain it seems. They have to forced. They have to be led around and told it's the 'right choice' and it's on 'their head' and blah-di-blah-di-blah.

Speaking of brunettes.
Oh...and no more Red heads. We had ONE stinking Red and I swear HE almost cut ties with that world, that we would shrivel up and die. I have seen some things in my lifespan, but NOTHING and I mean NOTHING is more insatiable than a Red headed whore. I had to string her up myself HE was so stunned. So HE owes me one. I haven't decided on what I want yet. Ah...brunettes yes. Sorry. ANYWAY. Alice, I will always call her Alice, though she has many, MANY names here. Lacie, clever...it's Alice. No I mean it. Rearrange the letters. So is Calie...the point of all this. Calie. That isn't her real name. It's Carroll Ann...or something. She might spell it with a Y. WELL HELL I ONLY HEARD IT ONCE! YOU TRY SNEAKING AROUND IN THE BUSHES WHEN ALICE THE DESTROYER IS SITTING RIGHT THERE WITH THE QUEENS AXE! Sorry...sorry...I need some more Tea. The Hare is late.

Calie.
She did it too. Like mother like daughter I guess.
Did what? OH! She crossed back. Like I said NO-ONE is supposed to be able to do it. I wanted to once, but uh...I don't know. This place. As terrible as it is....you can do anything here. You can be anyone, you can have anything. You're a prisoner, but, you're free. Free. In their world I was a slave. I was a thing of blood sport. Here I am King of Kings. NONE dare challenge me. Well, save HIM, but look who came out on top. Those were the days...
Well, I'm sure you have to go. Can't convince you to stay can I?
Very well.

Wonderland will be here if you decide to change your mind.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:50 pm

I suppose you linger around because you are wondering who I am.
You think you're clever with all my talk of tea and the March Hare. Oh no...I am not the Mad Hatter. I am not so base in my desires and affections to stoop to his ground shattering low. The man was a child molester you know. That was BEFORE he came here. Sick and twisted if you ask me. He only got worse on this side. The March Hare made him the new Mad Hatter and set him off to go and bring Alice before him. Well they were brother and sister mind you, so that was an easy task. Time marched on and the Mad Hatter became a man that wore the skin of others. Disturbing to say the least. Yet it didn't stop there.

Time, turned the man into a skeletal, gaunt, and hideous creature that walked like a man and talked like a man.
He wasn't human anymore. He would often snatch up the unsuspecting vixen and then...well he'd make a feast for himself, with the poor girl as the table after he doped them up with his old tea trick. Then he'd proceed to...well...I'll just say we have no miracle pills here in Wonderland, for the aging man in any case, and let you use your imagination if you dare.
I twitch sometimes when I think about. I mean...even after they are dead.

Enough of that.
You want to know who I am.
Well I'll tell you what I told Alice when she crossed my path all those years ago.
Who I am is Immaterial. That I am here is all that matters.
Then she got smart and asked me what I did.
What I did, well no small feat I can assure you.

Traveler, I am the one who slew the first Jabberwock.
You're honored. I know.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:04 am

The Jabberwock...
You know, with eyes of flame? No? Jaws that bite claws that catch? You're kidding me. He came crashing through the Tulgey wood and burbled as he came. LET ME TELL YOU! There are few things in THIS world scarier than a burbling Jabberwocky. You have no idea what I am talking about do you? You kids these days, all hooked up into your Whats-its and Ipods and playing your little hand-held viewers with games like Spore or Poke'mon. WHAT THE FRAK IS A POKE'MON?!? You sit there and piddle your life away and ignore or remain ignorant of perhaps the greatest event in Wonderland history. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR LIFE OTHER THAN GET CAST INTO THIS HELLISH PIT? WHAT HAVE YOU CRAFTED WITH YOUR OWN TWO HANDS? WHAT HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED THAT COMMANDS THE RESPECT OR FEAR OF OTHERS?

Nothing.
Absolutely nothing. You are less than that which you have accomplished.
By some twist of fate YOU landed here at my feet and forced me to make a choice. You have decided for me, that for FAR too long I have wandered the shadowed and blackened back roads of Wonderland. For far too long have I watched the world go by. No more. YOU have pushed me to the brink. I will be made known again. More that a whisper between the wary. I will become a great and terrible thing that rivals HIM in power and fear and I will SMITE HIM down AGAIN, SO THAT ALL MAY KNOW AND REMEMBER!

This sword. On this sword I swear that oath.

He took his Vorpal sword in hand,
Long time the darkened path he trod.
So raised he, his sword slung free,
And slew that foolish sod.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:39 am

I have many names.
Some I've grown to love, others I've learned to like, then there are a few that are downright rude. Well in all those there are but a hand full I will tolerate to be labeled as in conversation. What? Oh yes I'm talking to you the reader. You think this DoopCam is floating over my face for no reason? Hrm. Well perhaps a bit farther back then?

You see the DoopCam hover itself a bit farther away from the man with the vorpal sword. We can see he is already aggravated by the device and you get the distinct impression as he pulls it closer that there is no way in hell I'm going to do this in a quasi second person string of you and wes. You can screw that noise right now. Besides, I haven't told you my name yet. Now, I hear some idiot of a writer actually let it drop before he posted in this topic what my name was, but I guess what's done is done.

You may call me Fate.
And for the rest of this adventure, unless I have some pressing urge to explain something personally, you will be from a much grander perspective than what I can tell. With that, Fate grabbed the DoopCam and chucked it into the trees above his head. Satisfied that it wasn't going to switch back to him, the warrior sheathed his glowing sword once more and headed off at a leisurely pace into the heart of the Wonderland woods.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:53 pm

Describing the time of day is an easy task.
It's either midday or the middle of the night. It all depends on where one is standing.

The Wonderland woods were extensive, taking up a vast majority of the island.
The path walked by Fate was in the heart of the Moonside, a place feared and justly so. It was here, some whispered, that the Bandersnatch made its common home. A den of vile monsters with voracious appetites for fresh meat. Fate strode through the low brush, dodging the odd low branch with ease, unafraid of what the eternal night held. The Wonderland woods were alive in their own right, the night birds whispering guarded words, the trees creaking in protest. Everywhere signs pointed toward nonsense and halfsense. More than once Fate passed a particular sign that made him grin.

"Up. Down. Up. Down. Start. Select."
"You are Here. (At this sign)"
".sdrawkcab si ngis sihT"

At length, he found a particular sign that made him shake his head.
"You really don't want to go in there girl..."
He cast his gaze a little further up and true enough he saw the house that Mad built.
A small sigh escaped him as he motioned for the DoopCam.

"I suppose I should explain..." he began before trudging toward the wrecked home.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

A Mad Mad Story

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:46 pm

The mangled remains of broken bones lay scattered about the door mat.
Fate, after a moments pause, stepped over the old bones and into the musty and dusty room that sure as not served for dining in. He brushed a few layers of dust off a, what was more than likely once very nice, chair and took a seat, sure to move his sword aside and sweep his tattered storm coat out of the way as he did so.

"This, my dear friends, is the house that Mad built."
He swept his arm out at the dirt encrusted walls and dusty picture frames perched upon the wall.
"I can assure you it has seen better times."
Swiping a gloved hand along the table, he brushed aside some dust to make a small 'clean' space for himself. Procuring a thin black leather bound book from his inner pockets, Fate rested the small dog-eared leaflet upon the table and removed a pen from its binding.
"It's in here somewhere, give me a moment."

The sounds from outside gave the house an eerie sort of calm, but the sort of calm that came from a panicked person after a long and lengthy chase before they poke their head out from their hiding place and got their face used as a knife holder. Fate didn't seem to mind at all. The house creaked and groaned on its foundation as the wind wiped through. The battered door, simply ajar, smacked the wall with force enough to spill plaster. Window shutters flapped in protest, tattered drapes gave ghostly waves. Fate thumbed through the black book and hummed an odd tune, throwing in random lines of half-recalled lyrics.

"Hmm-hah-hmm-hmm and the momraths outgrabe...AHA!"
He sat back, the wooden chair protested, but held.
"Now then, this was the house that Mad built, out in the middle of these Wonderland woods. Why? Who knows honestly....probably to have some privacy for his 'alone' time." Fate shrugs. "In any case, I told you he was a sick and twisted man, but now I will tell you what happened to that sick and twisted man."
He cleared his throat and after a quick consult began his tale.

"Alice and the Mad Hatter were Brother and Sister in your world. The March Hare was VERY interested in Mads dear sister and told him to fetch her. After a long while he made good on his search and brought her before him. Now this is where things get sketchy for a minute. Some say that Alice, in her usual fashion, beat the everloving daylights out of them all. Some say she made a break for it and managed to get away. Some say it never really happened. Cook says he was making tea in the kitchen house and saw nothing. The Doormouse was found a mangled beaten mess and I know for a fact the March Hare has several criss-cross scars under all that fur. Believe what you want. In any case, his deal done, the Mad Hatter began his spree of undesired 'play-time' with the girls scattered about here in Wonderland."

Picking up the book, Fate moved into the kitchen and proceeded to raid the fridge of the still, surprisingly or not so much if you knew the place, good food and drink. After he made himself a plate of meats and cheese, as well as a glass of some dark colored liquid, he sat himself down once more and continued.

"Now then..." He took a long drought and dabbed his mouth with the cuff of his sleeve.
"Some time passed and after MANY dead girls and a few more skins to his wardrobe collection from the rare male, Mad had the unfortunate pleasure to drug dear Calie...that's right, Alice's daughter. After you get over the initial twitch of inter family relation implication, we will continue."
Fate turns his attention to the food and quickly clears the plate.
Another long draw of the drop and he proceeds.
"Yeah, sick I know. In any case, the fool tries to ply his 'wares' against the girl and winds up, so the birds of the night say, getting beaten to a bloody mangled mess with a makeshift nail-bat from a chair leg."
Fate casts a furtive glance at the scattered bones not spitting distance from his current seat and scuffs.
"Calie walks out into the night and goes on with her own story...which I might tell you in all good time, but for now, let's stick to the Mad Hatter. A new one would be required, nay DEMANDED, to fill the void. Ah, and who better than Calie's dear brother who butchered their father for sleeping with a whore...whom he also dispatched if I have my scribbles down right. Now we have that sibling match again. Brave lad he is, never got his name, but he did put up a good fight when I encountered him. He makes a good Mad Hatter, I was actually so impressed I lent him one of my daggers to keep the leash on the resident cat that has taken so well to him...."
Fate pauses for a moment.

"Come to think of it I've misplaced a few of those things over my time spent here...."
Collecting himself, Fate dives back in.
"I don't know what they are doing now, nor do care really, but there is one piece of the puzzle for you. Just a fragment of the things that go on here....I'm sure I'll paint a larger picture before our time is done."
Collecting up the book, Fate places it back into the inner pocket from whence it came and removes himself from the house, careful to kick the skull sitting on the floor on the way out.

Once more the night sounds assail him.
They tell him that the way is clear.
"To the beach I think...there is a lovely diner I'm sure you'd be DYING to see."
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:49 pm

It had not been long since his departure from the house that Mad built before the darkened woods fell silent.
In wonderland that always meant something was about to happen. Fate pressed on to a small clearing before he too stopped and listened to the wind in the trees. No night birds, no snapping of twigs, no creaking of weighted limbs. It was full moments that passed before he heard it carried by the whispers through the trees. A giggle, small, light, and full of intent. Slowly, ever so slowly, Fate drew his vorpal sword and entered the Vor Na.

He counted the heartbeats, slowing his body in preparation for the strike.
Only the brief rustle of leaves brought news of the direction. She lunged with grace and the speed of a striking snake. Fate spun with her lunge and performed an off-hand Esew Mar taking her head off with a SNICKER-SNAP as the vorpal blade cut through her with ease. Fate readied himself for the second attack, finishing the arc in the Conagar. No sooner had he pulled the blade up, then the second shape attacked.

Vines lashed out at Fate from the darkness.
Spinning the blade before him in a lethal Cear Than that cleared the vines with simple strokes. That elicited a growl of fury from the undergrowth and caused his opponent to show herself. Much like the body on the ground, the figure was female, covered in a half/open tunic of vegetation, sporting leaves and vines in her braided hair and body. She was barefoot, hardly covered in all the right places, and smiling that coy smile Fate detested so much.

"Hello Lover..." she mocked.
Fate spun in a low circle, ending up on one knee with his back to the talkative wench and saving his life by striking the sneaking figure of the third Nightshade clean through the gut. She fell in two halves, burbling a dark greenish liquid from her mouth as her life-fluid escaped her. Fate heard the last one gasp and slowly got to his feet. He entered the Vor Ta and glanced over his shoulder at the last one.

"What do you desire...?" he whispered.
Terrified she could only look at him with those large violet eyes and squirm in place. He had her now, locked with his obsidian eyes that blazed like dark suns. Slowly he took a few steps toward her, leaned down, and cleaned the edge of his blade with her sisters hair.
"...Shall I give you a gift?" he continued.
She had backed up to a tree now, clutching her arms to her chest and hyperventilating. Slowly, ever so slowly, did he stand once more and sheath the vorpal sword. another two strides and he was almost on top of her. She was cringing now, trying to shrink away from his gaze, but her eyes were fixed to his, drawn ever deeper into that dark abyss.
"..." the last line was barely a whisper as he stepped even closer, bringing his body against hers.
Like a lover he inclined his head to her ear and spoke the words.

A single breath escaped her and then she was gone.
Frozen in terror for the rest of eternity.

Fate stepped back from the figure against the tree and listened as the night grew active once more.
"To the beach I think now..." with that he turned and was on his way.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Re: Beyond the Shattered Looking Glass

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sun May 31, 2009 4:09 pm

The beach was one of three places that could take Fate's breath away for a moment.
The trees thinned out considerably and the day suddenly grew very sharp and very bright. Standing there on the crystalline shores, Fate could look up and down the empty beach. Night on his right, day on his left. Dominating the skyline was the Gray Mountain. Covered in red crystal batches the mountain rose so high the peak was hidden by clouds. The night side of the vast forest that stretched before him had clusters of large flowers poking out over the canopy. The day side had a very large crag that jutted out of the land with what appeared to be a golden egg the size of a boulder. A white tower stood out as well, something from an 'Arabian' setting Fate was assured. What really took the cake was the waterfall cascading down from the clouds into oblivion. Fate had never found where the pool of water was.

He spent a year or so looking once.

"Fish Dinner's has all you can eat Oysters." He stated for the DoopCam.
"I remember that much...it is run by the Walrus and the Carpenter. They hired Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum some time back I think. It was decent food but one can only have so many oysters." Fate shrugged, heading down the night side of the beach, crossing the 'Twilight' zone where day and night is seperrated by a scant millimeter. After about forty steps or so the place came into view. Fate sighed as he glanced upon the ravaged building.

"Looks like no-ones here..."
He hummed a bit and walked to the door regardless.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:35 am

The diner was an absolute mess.
Fate glanced around the place from the doorway and sighed. Tables and chairs, crockery and finery, all manner of silver and goldware, all of it smashed and strewn about like a whirlwind had come through. Broken glass and splintered wood told a tale of a struggle between who and what he could never know...but a fight nonetheless. He made his way into the diner, boots carefully nudging large sections of debris out of the way, stopping to take it all in at the center.

"The cat...?" Fate mumbled after running his fingers over several deep grooves in the woodwork.
He sniffed the air and made a face of slight disgust....old stains, deep brown, ran along the edge of the kitchen door. Resting a hand on his sword, Fate was just about to push the door inward when he stopped short, cutting his glance over his left shoulder. He let a thin smile slip past his lips before he banished it. He pushed open the door and walked into a butchers shop.
At least...what was once a butchers room.
Fate shook his head...the kitchen was overrun by all manner of insects and small creatures.
Blood stains and spoiled rotten meat, bones and soiled cookware littered the stove top. Fate turned his eyes away from the macabre scene and made his way back into the dining area, then out the front.
Sand crunched under his boots as he made his way to the water.

His boots just touched the waters edge when she made her entrance.
Water cascaded around her as she tossed her head back. She was bare, her clothing and armor resting on nearby rocks, an empty scabbard neatly placed by it. His eyes were drawn to her, for there were precious few, man, woman, or beast, that could not look at her beauty and call it divinity. Fate was sure the gods crafted her in such flawless image as a cruel joke. Stunning though she was, Fate only drank her in for a moment, though she knew it...by how she looked at him...how she turned her head to one side...and how her teeth just bit into her lower lip. Her left hand came up, biting her nail...teasing. It was her right hand Fate paid attention to...still in the water...still holding her shining edge.

"..." she cocked her eyebrow.
"Fate..." he uttered.
She smiled and began to walk towards him...water raining off her body.
Fate clamped his teeth and moved to take a relaxed Vor Na, sword still sheathed. She knew though, her eyes blazed, her warrior blood practically sang out to him, daring him to even lay a finger on his sword. Fate did not flinch from that gaze, from that fire in her eyes. She blinked.
"I didn't know they let you out..." Fate said with a small smile.
"...so...no doubt the rumors are true."

She rolled her shoulders a bit as she laughed, waist deep in the crystal water.
"Long live the Queen..." she tossed playfully.
"Still..." Fate began, finding interest in the sand and rocks and trees around him before bringing his gaze back to her stunning work of art. "...they spent so long just to lock you up...no doubt the entire Deck is looking for you now."
She laughed, he did enjoy her laugh...it was rich, vibrant, so full of life in a dead dead world.
"Not without their heads..."
Fate chuckled, closed his eyes, heard a single ripple, felt the wind of her passing and had his sword in his hand and on his guard so fast that her audible gasp was sheer glorifying pleasure. He opened his eyes and found her so very very close to his own.
"I-I forgot how fast you are...."
She dove in to kiss him upon the lips.
Fate didn't flinch, didn't respond, didn't even dare to breath.

The Red Queen had come back to Wonderland, and she was going to drown it in blood.
One throat at a time.
That was all he tasted on her lips.
Blood and war and death. Chaos.

She pulled back, looking a little...disappointed.
"Nothing for your Queen?" she almost pouted.
"I no longer serve at the pleasure of the Red Kingdom. Our days of Order and Judgment are long behind us." He simply stared at her until she broke away from his gaze, turning to saunter her way over to her armor. "...you might still be a Queen in title my lady...but you have no land and no castle to call a kingdom..." Fate titled his head ever so slightly before tearing his gaze away. "He wouldn't dare let you have that power again." Fate sheathed the Vorpal Blade with a snicker-snack before crossing his arms.
She threw him a nasty look before rolling her eyes and sheathing her own weapon.
"You're right...of course...but..." she smiled, taking her sweet time to put on that first boot.
"...well that could always change." She looked back at him.

Fate turned his head to the left and waved once with his left hand.
She took the gesture for what it meant: Business before Pleasure.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:23 pm

Her armor was as golden and radiant as the sun.
Fine leather boots topped with golden knee guards and fine silver chain link around the back. Her legs were bare save a fine line of silver around the right for her scabbards anchor. She wore a plated belt of gold that held a crimson sash that hung between her legs. It was lightly stitched with golden strands, stars and shapes, accents to the red. Her breastplate, ample that it was, was gold plate with silver scale beneath and over the arms to mid-bicep. Her right shoulder was covered in a large gold guard, her left was bare, a slim spiked strand of beaten metal at collar line. Her hands were cased with gold fore guards and the same fine leather, the light shade of brown, that her boots were made of. Upon her brow sat a warriors crown, a queens crown. Spiked with a single shining emerald at its center. So pure a shade of green that only her eyes dared to match its brilliance.
Her eyes, her eyes were so alive.

She drank him in, he was sure of it.
It had been a very long time since she had last tasted a man that could best her on the field, be it war or otherwise. Fate rested himself beneath a tree, finding solace in the shade, out of the murdering suns baleful gaze. It wasn't long after she affixed her golden scabbard to her bosom that she too joined him in the shade of that palm and watched the waves roll in.
For one quiet moment there was real peace in the world.
Only one.

"I want you to serve as commander of my forces again..."
For a long time Fate said nothing. The wind whistled through the trees, the sea spray against the sand...Fate looked up, higher, higher...he saw a blue sky, white glowing clouds, the sun...so high...so far out of reach. He cast his gaze down, to the sand, his boots. He shifted his weight and then gazed back out to the sea.

"No." he spoke after that time had passed.
She sighed audibly. He supposed she knew that was going to be his answer.
Still, she asked the question everyone would ask: "Why?"
Fate looked around at her. Her eyes glowed, the rings of green flared once...twice...she was trying to influence his thoughts, make him confused. Fates eyes remained unchanged, his actions unswayed. Still...despite himself he did not take his gaze away, her eyes reminded him of a time long since past in Wonderland History...it was only when she realized it wasn't having any effect that she stopped. Fate slowly blinked away the memories.

"Well?" she was getting impatient now.
A slow smile crept across Fates face and he fingered the edge of his pommel.
"It's been a long time since you last set foot on a battlefield my lady...are you sure you are still worthy of my services?" Fate had entered the Vor Na his sword not yet drawn. She seethed, pushing herself off the tree and walking afew paces in the sand before spinning with a flourish and drawing her sword.
"Come then! Let me show you what I remember!"

Fate drew his Vorpal blade with a snicker-snack and the dance began.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:56 pm

She didn't waste a heartbeat.
Her flashing blade, glinting in the light, came down with the rush of a storm. Sparks flew as Fate met her blade with his own, vorpal energies fading in and out of the visual spectrum with each and every blow. She pressed her attack, leveling vicious blows towards Fates body head. Having caught him on the back arm her reach was longer than his own, letting her blade get closer to it's mark. Fate countered each stroke, meeting her blade with an underhanded chop before spinning inside his own guard, bringing his left leg around, blades still sliding against each other, before dropping his sword into his waiting left hand. His switch caught her off guard, his single spinning slash knocking her own blade wide as he struck with his own momentum. She stumbled back a step...

Fate pressed his momentary advantage leveling several left handed attacks against her backpedaling guard. Spinning once more inside his own guard, Fate switched his weapon back to his right hand and struck a heavy handed sweep. The Red Queen fell back into the sand, her arm shaking from the impact. Fate had a slim smile on his face as he offered his left hand in a mocking gesture. She sneered...eyes flashing once...twice...

Fate half-spun, his blade forming a tight cross slash, bottom to top, left to right, bisecting a spiderish coconut creature as it jumped off the ground. The distraction gave her enough time to get to her feet. Fate turned to meet her, her hand coming at him first, filled with sand. He easily moved out of range, jumping back...boots churning up sand as he moved. She lunged into her next assault raining a series of double-handed blows against his guard, forcing him to give ground before her. He ducked a brutal sweep and with his open left hand struck her face like a vice, launching off the ground in a forward motion to slam her into the giving earth. He brought his left knee into her gut as he fell, his blade held out to the right. She moved with the impact, bringing her legs up and spiking Fate in the back.
He rolled forward with the blow and staggered to his feet.

She picked herself up and made to double-hand again, charging...blade held to the left.
Fate gripped his cloak with his left hand and cast it off directly into her charge. She swatted away the thick cloth but that was all the time he needed to lunge into the air and breath the first level of power into his weapon. His left hand hovered above the blade, traveling it's length. The Vorpal Sword reacted, pulsing with an inner power. He had reached his vertical limit for the jump and brought a hammerblow down upon her just upraised guard. Landing on one knee, his left hand then embracing the earth, he spun on his left knee and lashed out with his sword arm, catching her in the unprotected midriff...not with his sword, but with the sickening energies that writhed around it. She was caught in a black wind, hurled a few meters into the air and brought down hard against the sandy ground.

Fate stood, slowly, picking his cloak up off the ground and throwing it over his shoulder.
"Had enough?" he called out.
Her reply came in the form of a lumbering rock golem. The beast exploded out of the sand in front of her prone body and bellowed a challenge in Fates direction. With a sidelong glance, a knowing look, at the DoopCam, Fate cast off his cloak once more and entered the Vor Za.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:32 pm

"Back into the battle churning.
Swift his blade, both sharp and burning.
Striking forth both quick and keen.
Striking for his former Queen.
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the demons named Red Queen.
Why so named is plainly seen.

Presently his attack grew stronger.
Hesitating then no longer.
Unleashing strength the likes no creature has ever seen before.
Cutting beast from neck to groin.
He smote it thrice across the loin.
Casting beast back to the sand from which it bore.
Casting back the beast to the earthen sandy floor.
A flick of the wrist and nothing more!

AH! The Red Queen burned like an ember.
Cursing Fate to be dismembered.
Lashing out with sword and rage to land a blow against this Pa-"
The man in the bushes flew apart as the Red Queen laid into his body with heavy strikes.

Fate watched on in silence, slowly picking up his cloak, taking his time to adjust it and fasten the article to himself once more. He wiped away some of the lingering sand and straightened the cloth out so it appeared crisp once more. He brought his gaze back around and found her standing over the butchered remains like some she-devil...which she was of course. She turned, her eyes meeting his...sheer ecstasy lingering there for a moment before she cooled.

"Well..." he said at length.
"...it wasn't THAT bad..."

Anger flashed...but only for a moment.
It slipped into a grin...then a chuckle...then full-blown laughter.
Fate just shook his head, gave a glance to the Cam, then to the sky.
That knowing look you give when something pertains to women.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:54 pm

"Tell me Fate, what brings you out of your woods these days?"
She sheathed her now pristine blade, placing a hand at his hip line and cocking her eyebrow.
"A man..." Fate began. She chuckled, cutting him off.
"Why Fate! I had no idea your tastes ran so close to mine."
He leveled his gaze at her. Not murderous, but not amused.
"My lady would do well to remember who she speaks to." He scratched his chin idly.
"As I recall I was the only man to defeat you in hand-to-hand combat several times in one night."
The way her mouth fell open ever so slightly and the small yet audible gasp that escaped was enough to assuage his ego. She bit her lower lip, sauntering the short distance between them. He could smell that intoxicating scent, the taste of blood and death, mixed with pure rage and the distinct scent only women of her stature carried. It made him sick.
"...will you still not fight for me?" she whispered.

"A man as I said fell at my feet and through him I discovered that Wonderland has seemed to forgotten who it was that bested the Jabberwock in combat." Fate sneered. "...it seems in my exile that events have come to pass that cannot be undone...not that I care for what has been done, but what shall be done now."
"And what shall be done now?"
"War..." Fate stated, his eyes flaring.
"I shall drown this world in the war you want so bad. I shall drive those armies that rest here against each other and season the ground with fertile soil once more. It will be as the time of old...when last we rode together on fields of gore." He drank her in, tasting the glimmer of fear that crept behind her eyes. "Go...return the heads to the deck and prepare yourself my lady...I shall bring doom upon this world."

Snicker-snap the Vorpal Blade hissed.
Fate was gone, leaving the Queen alone with her fear.
Cruor Vult

Return to “Arcane Sanctuary”