Heralds of the Void

This place was made by the Deathand, and the Deathand keeps it. Here you may find all manner of stories and ideas he wishes the world to see. Enter traveler, behold its wonders.
Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Heralds of the Void

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:44 pm

NOTICE: This ongoing story is an interpretation of the works Rising_Dusk has undertaken concerning the characters and events depicted in Advent of the Zenith and Desert of Exile. The events that follow are what my minds eye would conjure and not necessarily what would happen, if any of these events were to take place. All characters and their abilities/personalities are subject to change. All are used with permission by owner. My rights reserved.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<INSERT PICTURE HERE>
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Kaome Sky Deathand

Heralds of the Void

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Vorten struck another of the brood down as he made his way to the throne room.
He cast its crumpled form aside with the reverse stroke of his blade, watching with mild interest as it, like the last one, didn't bleed. These were far larger than the majority of the broodkin. More....evolved. So fueled by blood that their own body fed upon itself to sustain them in combat. A lot of good it did them...so weak because of their masters return and walking torpor they hardly made a worthy challenge. Vorten shoved another aside as it emerged from a side passage, cracking its head against the ebon walls. The baneites behind him ripped the creature apart. Vorten let them have their fun...he was hunting bigger game. The hall ended in front of a grand door, marked with demonic creatures reaching out with their claws to embrace a being with great sweeping wings. Placing his right foot on the handle he crashed the great doors open and stood before a god.

Anick was very tired.
The crossing took a lot out of him and his brood was feeling the effects. They suffered because he suffered and it was taking its toll. Servants of the Dragon had breached his home and were laying waste to his already diminished numbers. He would not tolerate such insolence in his domain. The great doors to his chamber of blood were thrown open in a great crash. Anick opened his eyes to slits and gazed at the trespasser. He scoffed at what he found.

"Vorten?"
The baneite dared a few steps closer.
"The Dragon told me you were weak Anick...he didn't mention you were rendered a cripple."
Anick was fuming, he dare call him by name and add insult in the same breath?
"I knew he would send an agent to play his hand, I didn't think His being in the Void without Our presence to cradle him would addle his brain to the infirm. Vorten...honestly he sent you? The only reason I know your name is because so many of my brood boast how many times they have forced you to retreat in battle."
Vorten sneered, an uglier face than Anick could have thought possible for one of the lesser creatures.
"The last defiant words of a false god. The Dragon told me how you were bested by a mere human in single combat...how you fell beneath his blade like cattle. You, helpless and weak now because you couldn't beat a walking chunk of fle-"
Vorten couldn't speak anymore, an angry vice had gripped his throat and was forcing blood to pool behind his eyes.
"Oh...you act brave Vorten...but I can taste your fear. I can smell the foul stench as you shit yourself in my presence. Your hands tremble, your heart is racing, and now your oxygen starved mind is struggling to comprehend why exactly you no longer have the upper hand in this situation."
Anick opened his eyes and locked them with Vortens. Both were pools of blood by now.
"No rejoinder Vorten? I'm disappointed...I was looking forward to one more clever remark. Is your master only content to watch as I devour your soul?"
Vorten urked and brought his sword up.
Anick easily reached across with his right hand and snapped Vorten sword arm like a twig.
"That it Dragon?" Anick asked as Vorten tried to scream as his arm was splintered, hanging at an odd angle.
"Did you think I was all rage and bloodshed? Too primal to plan a trap?"
Anick shook his head and held his right hand back behind him. The claws on his hand became like reaping talons, thick, black, and curved, awaiting the precious moment to come.
"Dragon you have delivered my first feast to my doorstep and I must thank you...but do not take this as my word. I prefer to do it in person."
Anick brought his hand forward and the shell of Vorten was no more.

The Dragon watched as his forces were ripped apart as Anicks Brood trickled forth from the depths of his domain.
With a glance he shut off the sight of Anicks feast. The Blood God was gaining strength once more...and with no-one else to contend with, The Dragon was the only one left worth fighting and killing. He knew it. He would prepare for a Gods arrival.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Legacy of Blood (Void)

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:53 pm

Anick felt diminished.
He knew it had nothing to do with his dying brood, nor the machinations the Dragon continued to unfold. His most recent atrocity being an undignified fire attack at night against Anicks Castle. The Blood God was not amused by the creatures pathetic attempts at trying to remove him from existence. However, in his current state, Anick knew that the Dragon had the upper hand, at least, for the moment. No, what bothered the Red God was the loss of his greatest champion, and by extension, a piece of himself. He had expected Khazarch to slay many in his name, but knew that without restraint, the Avatar would eventually put himself into a situation where death was indeed the only way out. It amazed him the man had lasted as long as he had. Still, with his death, Anick would have to prepare for the blood-binding transversal. He had three days to ready himself for the world crossing. Truth be told, Anick had his doubts. Khazarch ripped his way free from Anicks corpse when the Blood God was banished, but could Anick do the same? Would the binding work from such a distance? Was there enough power to penetrate the bridge between the worlds. Sitting there in his throne room, Anick mulled over his options. He could cancel the blood bond, staying where he was, then direct his forces into the Spire now that Exuro was gone. However, if he did so, there goes his only possible ticket to the other side. He couldn't rely on his 'allies' to do anything for him. The tap tap of his claws on the Opal throne echoed into his halls.

- - -

The Dragon watched the Spire with hungry eyes.
He looked about it's structure and waited for a sign, something to let him know he was right, to see that Exuro was playing a trick and had a horde of monsters the Dragon could not combat. It had been many cycles since he last saw movement, but he dared not move against the Spire as long as Exuro remained there. He returned his attention to the siege of the Blood Gods domain. He urged his forces into cracking that crimson vault. Anick was weak from his crossing. This was his only chance to remove such a powerful piece from the game. If the Dragon could sweep Anick away, his power would grow ten-fold in the Void. He watched, he waited. Only a matter of time.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Re: Heralds of the Void

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:09 am

Anick stood in a pool of blood.
It would be very very soon now.

Only mere moments ago Exuro was torn screaming back into the Void.
The Blood God smiled, knowing that the Dragon would come down like a hammer upon the anvil of the Spire.
Anick smiled a knowing smiled and lowered himself into the sanguine fluid.
Cruor Vult

Return to “Arcane Sanctuary”