Planetfall of Oppression

Here aspiring creators can lay down some basic ideas of what they are going to do before submitting a finalized form for the viewing public. A good place to get some help from your fellows.
Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Planetfall of Oppression

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:02 am

On they came, regardless, heedless, as we smote their ships from the skies.
We watched as hundreds, nay, thousands died in a blast of focused energy that so resembled the lightning that scorched the sky far above our heads. Still they dared to stand, floating, hundreds of miles up on pillars of metal, disgorging their bastard spawn of feeble steel ships toward our homes. This wasn't a fight for some scarred slope of battered hill. It wasn't a contest over some flaming town. This was our home...and damn them to Hell if they thought they could just walk in and take by force what they could never have by right.

You cannot condone, nor condemn, the fury that we unleashed upon them. Our stream of anti-aircraft flak obliterated them in droves. Our emplaced batteries spat death and reaped a bountiful harvest of enemy lives. Still they came, those lucky enough to spoil our sacred soil soon found themselves shredded by hails of withering crossfire. No matter where their craft came to a halt, each area was a designated kill zone. Men died without ever seeing a true foe, firing wildly into the swirling mists that blanketed our ground. Their tanks became burning wrecks in moments after being deployed. Nothing but targets to the guns of our sons. Orders, tactics, missions, all became trivial to them in moments as entire fire teams were swept away in a span of seconds.

On they came. Falling to our home.
In time they would know...this world belongs to us.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Kaome Sky Deathand

Put Them in the Ground

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:23 am

If they were lucky, they ran, screaming for the escape pods before they ever set foot on our world, they died before seeing our soil, or they closed their eyes and just let themselves crash into oblivion. In the end, to us, it did not matter. Only that they died, hopefully next to whatever fool friends they found themselves with. Luck was ever the giving mistress.

It was more glorious than could be told. Our numbers far exceeded anything short of Platoon strength. Our squads were ordered, neat, and precise, even in the midst of the chaos. Controlled Chaos, if such a term could apply. Of the flying bricks that landed in our assigned sector only two managed to make landfall. Then, in only a handful of heartbeats, did we shred the first targets in our sights to shreds. We poured the lead on hot and did not let up. Ammo was plentiful. Moral high. The enemy defeated before they even began.

Grudgingly we admit our final targets were clever. Crafty. Quick. They impacted at an angle, giving them a solid bulwark to hide behind. Oh did they cower...shaking at the very thought of our diving wrath coming down upon our heads. We made preparations to surround them, cutting them off from any retreat...any hope of making it to cover. Assault Rifles at the ready we executed our orders and began the slow advance from cover to cover.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Smoke'em if you See Them

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:21 pm

The whine of it's gears and small onboard systems acquiring targets gave away the turret. Even so, it caught some of us on the wrong foot. The sudden hail of bullets smashed against broken concrete and twisted metal, catching a few of the men unprepared. Grunts of anger, of pain, a snarled scream of agony and the sudden shout for cover made most of us tuck in, or behind, whatever it was we could. It was unfortunate that one of our number was slain outright. A well-placed...or unlucky stray...having penetrated his face plate and exploded his brains within his helmet. Two other took serious injury upon their torso and arms and another shrugged off the bullets with his heavy flak coat, bringing up his Rocket Launcher and priming its unforgiving payload. The rocket shrieked and its course was true enough. Soon the turret was all but obliterated, its systems giving away in a distinct pocket explosion. The call to advance ripped itself from my own throat.

My fireteam, a five-man party that is one half of a standard squad, moved out on my word. As ASL, Assistant Squad Leader, I would be in charge in the event that my superior officer, in this case merely a higher ranking one, fell in combat. As the other members of the squad, his former fireteam, looted what they could off his corpse...not wanting to take chances with the enemy and extra ammo is always appreciated...they too began to move toward the two story structure before us. I assumed the medic had stimmed the other wounded, all injured having come from their fireteam. Canted with the leader of the platoon, telling him I assumed command and that we would sweep left. He acknowledged and began to take his squad right. Fourth and Third squad stayed put and covered the area.

Thus armed with two assault heavies, one medic, five troopers...two injured, and myself, we started our advance.
The tinge of green smoke wafted from the building. Now it was a target.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Those that Deserve to Die

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:13 pm

The greatest three words one could ever hope to hear, 'Orbital Strike Commencing'. Sadly, this was not to be the case. More sport for us. Ordered, precise, we moved in on the structure and began to set up a proper kill zone from which we could sweep forward. Taking a structure is tricky, narrow choke points filter superior numbers and higher ground means raised shots could miss. Still, we took up careful positions allowing our farther squads to 'close the door' and move up with us covering them.

My visor gave no targets, no tell-tale glimmer of a riflemans scope, no green haze that denoted the back-light of an ISA AR. A double tap on my shoulder told me that I was the last one to move and I eased myself into a nice niche between two large pipes with a clear view of the structure. No word came from the Platoon leader so we stayed put until he decided how to play it out. If it were up to me we would blow holes in it with the RL's and then chuck a few grenades in for good measure, for by now there was at least twenty stinking meat sacks of ISA scum sweating buckets in the hole.

"Contact!" came a voice over the comm-net and I pulled a fist. My fireteam withheld their shots, but it was far too late as the platoon opened up upon the lone soldier that stumbled out into the kill zone and was reduced to blood and rags as twin teams converged their fire and obliterated him from this coil. I cursed into my mask and canted for my men to have their eyes up. The only thing we had just accomplished was telling our enemy everything about us.
Cruor Vult

Return to “The Construct”