Defeat the Demons!

Here aspiring creators can lay down some basic ideas of what they are going to do before submitting a finalized form for the viewing public. A good place to get some help from your fellows.
VZBushkiller20
The Kan Codifier

Defeat the Demons!

Post by VZBushkiller20 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:43 pm

This game was attempted on the old forum by a member named Vlancer, but it failed because the DMs dropped and it could not continue. The original topic can be found here. In case you don't want to read it all, I'll repost the rules here, though there may be changes.

In this game, everyone is themselves. It is a quick game with hardly any heavy role playing, so no characters are made as such. However, you will each be secretly assigned roles.

A number of people (depending on the number of players) will be Demons. They are players who at night transform into their Demon form, and kill the hell out of one person they choose. That person is then out the game.

One person will be the Gifted Person. The gifted person has the ability to choose one other player each turn, and find out whether or not they are a demon in disguise or not.

One person is the Protector. Using their powers, they can choose one person each turn to protect from the demons. If that person is chosen for attack this round, they are protected from the demons lethal attack.

The rest are Ordinary people. These people, while having no special abilities, are still a very important part of the game, as then the lynching occurs, it may well be up to them who dies.

Lynching is when the people who are still alive, every round, decide to try and get rid of the demons. They do this by nominating two people, voting for one, and that person gets brutally murdered by the rest. However, it is slightly more complicated than that, and this is where the small amount of role playing comes in.

As everyone votes for who is to be lynched, the players must convince each other who they think are the demon(s). For example, one person might say “I’m the gifted person, and I know that it is Logue!” Logue, not wanting to be lynched, never mind if he is the demon or not, might say “No, I’m the gifted one, it’s Kaome!”

As the first two people to be accused are Kaome and Logue, everyone will vote on which to lynch, and one will die. Then their real identity will be revealed.

The game gets more complicated still. If the Demons have not all been found, then the protector must work out who the real gifted person is before the demons, and stop them from being killed, since without the gifted person it becomes much harder to lynch the demons.

The protector and the demons will be thrown off by any bored “normal” people, who are bored of having no proper role, and so claim to be the gifted person. After all, who knows who the gifted one is?

The Demons win if they kill every other person before they are killed. The “good guys” win if they lynch all the Demon people.

If the Demons win, they receive the OP between them. If the Good Guys win, they divide it between whoever still remains.

A note on the RPing aspect of the game:

During the day, your characters will interact with one another as they would in real life. You are not a sniper with psychic powers. You are not a cat person with a sword. You are you, a businessman, a tourist, a regular person. You are regular people in a situation where you do not know what is going on. That is the way you should RP, discussing what you do know. Maybe you make an ally and try to unite against the person you think is the Demon. Maybe your ally is the Demon.

The attacks of the demons and the protectors chose will be posted by me at the end of the night, after the day's events have finished.

FAQ:

1) Yes. That is, if there are so many people that there is need for more than one demon person.

*2) If the chosen person is the Protector, will the Gifted Person know that they are the Protector?
2)They gifted person is only told if that person is a demon or not.

* 3) Will we pick what we look like? If we're also the Demons, will we be picking our Demon attribute (such as number of limbs, any specialized features, what the form looks like)?
3) Of course you can pick what you look like. It is your character. As for the demons, well, yes you can. PM me the description and I'll be sure to use it in my night posts.

* 4) What will the setting be?
4)The "Narrator" (me) will describe a setting. As the DM, I do not have a character, but rather simply describe the events that transpire.

* 5) Is there an order of initiative? For example, say more than one Demon happens to pick the same person. Would both then attack them, or only one? Would it be possible for a demon to "beat" the Protector to the mutually chosen person?
5) All the "main characters" choose an action, then the round resolves, and if two demons (if there is even a need for two demons) chose one person it would just mean they get massacred. The protector cannot be "beaten" to the person.

* 6) If you're just an ordinary person, what will you be doing? Will you be asking questions to try and determine who is who? Or, can you pick a person to hang out with and risk that person being a demon?
6) You can do whatever you want, including claiming to be the Gifted Person. What you do during the day is totally up to you, but at the end of the day, you will be expected to make a decision as to who will be lynched.

There is an OP prize for the victors. Any interests?

Image Image ImageImageImage

Lawrence-Ember-Mirage-Skywings-Jasmine

Black_Heart
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Defeat the Demons!

Post by Black_Heart » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:49 am

How can a disciple of the Laughing God say no to his games?
Image Image Image Image

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:44 am

I can't resist the temptation for some diplomacy.

I'm in.
Can you hear them?

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:46 am

I'm game.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:13 am

I feel my concerns are aptly voiced... Prove me wrong, sign me up.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Jericho Veronus
Blasphemer

Post by Jericho Veronus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:10 pm

The great blasphemer accepts any and all challenges. I'm good to go.
May God have mercy on your soul, for you shall find none here!

VZBushkiller20
The Kan Codifier

Post by VZBushkiller20 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:24 pm

well 5 is a lot more promising than I thought!

Jericho Veronus
Blasphemer

Post by Jericho Veronus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:30 pm

Give it time, only been up for a day or so, prolly get a little more notice

Jericho Veronus
Blasphemer

Post by Jericho Veronus » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:43 pm

Maybe not

VZBushkiller20
The Kan Codifier

Post by VZBushkiller20 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:02 pm

just 2 or 3 more...that's all we really need as well.

Return to “The Construct”