Forum Fighting RP/Game

Here aspiring creators can lay down some basic ideas of what they are going to do before submitting a finalized form for the viewing public. A good place to get some help from your fellows.
Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Forum Fighting RP/Game

Post by Cecil » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:53 am

This should be a near even mix of a forum-game and an RP. I don't know the details yet, but I just wanted to do something like this.

Okay, so I'm thinking of a fighting game, forum game, one where people will be able to create their fighters. The fighters should be utmost original & balanced. If you like something from some fictional character (say, Blanka from Street Fighter), you could copy his hair or whatever, but the soul of the person should be his own.

I don't know how the rules or anything will work, but I want to do this my way, but I'm going to consider suggestions posted right now, since I don't have anything that comes to mind.

Possible Rules
- Your character MUST be done in paint, in a certain reasonable dimension (maybe 400x400 max, I don't know). It should just fit nicely into a post. You could make poses from it and show their "special" moves.
- Might do something funny and give an AoS taste, (levels/around 4-5 ish abilities)
- Might make some class template (Tank/Ranged/Caster)

Think of:
- Some simple Plain summary of a simple RP reason to fight/storyline, etc.
- Think of a sort of Fighting System that'll work in texd/on these forums. Pictures could be used, like for fighting arenas or your character.
- A good moderator/co-mod.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Forum Fighting RP/Game

Post by vesuvan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:35 pm

This should be a near mix of a forum-game and an RP. I don't have a damn clue what is going on, but I wanted to make a topic anyway.

Okay, so I'm thinking of a fighting game, forum game, one where people will be able to create their fighters. The fighters should be utmost original unless you see something cool that you want to copy, and balanced for a game that does not exist.

I don't know what my way is, but I want to do this my way, but I'm going to consider suggestions posted right now, since I don't have anything that comes to mind.

Possible Rules
- Your character MUST be done in Windows, and twink you if you don't have paint, in a certain reasonable dimension (I don't have a damn clue what that means, so just guess what is reasonable). It should just fit nicely into a post. You could make poses from it and show their "special" moves, but hell if I know how or why you would want to do this, much like the fact that you could pour bleach on your genitals while learning to write sanscrit.
- Might do something funny and give an AoS taste, (levels/around 4-5 ish abilities defines the entire AoS genre)
- Might make some pigeonholes to crutch my feeble ability to catagorize things (Tank/Ranged/Caster)
- Might eat a ham sanwhich for lunch.
- Might get struck by lightening.
- Might do something.

Think of:
- Some simple Plain summary of a simple RP reason to fight/storyline, etc.
- Think of a sort of Fighting System that'll work in texd/on these forums. Pictures could be used, like for fighting arenas or your character.
- A good moderator/co-mod.
- In other words, do all the work for me because I intellectually ejaculated something that resembles an idea, then put me in charge.
Congratulations, you are the first human being to ever fail the turing test.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:45 pm

I don't know what that means, but my senses indicate a "screw you".

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 pm

Cecil wrote:I don't know what that means, but my senses indicate a "screw you".
/pat

Here's my character: The obsessive internet lover. I meet girls on internet, and then I make them cry

abilities:

doublefaced motherfucker
300 pounds punch to visage
a can of stfu
break the keyboard
edge of desolation

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:42 pm

Lmfao Oxy. You're my hero. xD
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:58 pm

vesuvan wrote: Congratulations, you are the first human being to ever fail the turing test.
No, it's at least better than Smarterchild because he didn't ask about my favorite movie.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:54 pm

uh, guys. I need competitors.

Black_Heart
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Black_Heart » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:38 pm

Oxygen wrote:uh, guys. I need competitors.
There's no competing with that, Oxy.
Image Image Image Image

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Oh, hey, I missed this before.
Cecil wrote:I don't know what that means,
this.

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Maybe I need to be more concrete. I happen to be without my pc right now, so I'll get to the point.

In cecil's post, not at one moment did he demonstrate the ability to create an idea. I considered only replying with the snark to this effect, but knew that nobody would make the connection without a strawman, but that didn't work either.

For the sake of this post, I tried to summarize his post for an objective analysis, but his discombobulated attempt at thinking is beyond comprehension. It hurts me to try and imagine what would motivate a person to post such a cancerous stream of consciousness, when I deduced that cecil did not hope to accomplish anything with this topic.

A sane human being works backwards from an end result and conjures actions. Assuming cecil has more capacity for motivation than smarterchild, he would have worked backwards from the goal of this topic's name. Instead he expected us to create all the content, again, much like a conversation with an AI.

He also expected us to create characters before we even had a game, indicative of a unmotivated delerium. Making a character before the game is something I already shown as absolutely pernicious in my last aotz suggestion, and results in having M.Bison in doom or ash ketchum in diablo. This doesn't even touch the game design applications. Imagine how stupid atrius would look in any other map, or even worse, in final fantasy tactics, super mario, or goddamn horseshoes. Unless cecil intends to make anython we make relevent in "his" system, in that case, I will give you game design hell. I'll post this character later.

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:04 am

This topic was serious, I just want some forum-fun since I can't do shit at school and these are the only few forums not banned from their asinine blocker.

It's not probably going to be super serious but there should be some story motivation. I'll make something, and yeah you make a good point at my lack of motivation, but I DID say it wasn't done and that was just thoughts at the time and for a Fighting RP things would be a bit crazed, eh? So that's why I wanted to take suggestions.

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:46 am

Lol he never posted it.

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:40 am

Your necrothreadmancy removes any reason I had to not post.

Name: Gaston
Alignment: Neutral Red
race:human
Life points: 2400
Healing surges:4
type: normal/fighting
native everse: The meadow
system requirements: Gaston can only jack in to matrices running Windows server 2008. THe host must support hardware accelerated virtualization.
Starting skill points: X-2
opening hand: three cards
Affinity weapon: shock coil
ancient form: gorilla
workers: peasants
monopoly piece: The wheelbarrow
package manager: emerge
boards: /b/, /hc/, /k/

special moves:

The green tide: Gastion's hitbox gains super armor and he charges forward by two pixels per frame. Turns off after traveling 100 pixels. If charged to level 3, gaston gains ultra armor during the move. Gaston executes an attack with no startup if he is within range during this move.

Green tide strike: Gaston puts his whole body into a low punch towards the victim's gut. Hitstun is eight frames and has a six frame delay.

input is up up down right forward punch+A

Slayer: Gaston gains +2+2 and trample as long as his opponent is moving backwards

Resolute, Tap RR {R/G}: Until the end of your turn, gaston, when hit, loses only half of his rings instead of all of them.

beast slayer: Gaston has a -1 to armor class whenever he is fighting against a member of a bloodline that has werewolves or beasts.
lol
Do you think it's funny that you are obligated to make a system that accommodates every detail of the above character? Say it with me, asking players to make characters before you decided on a setting or system was not only incredibly shortsighted, but undermined any chance you had of people thinking you would know what you were doing if you ever decided to do an RP correctly.

I find it incredibly ironic that you would challenge me to hold up on my threat instead of allowing you to quietly accept failure. In your attempt to save face, you rejected my self-restraint.

I will not reply to anything you have to say outside of a PM. Nobody here wants to see either of us post, let alone in this particular thread.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:05 pm

Closing this thread.
Sera, stop threadomancing and instigating other people.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Return to “The Construct”