Raven,The Fallen Druid

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
asharichan
Noobite Warrior

Raven,The Fallen Druid

Post by asharichan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:04 am

Raven
The Fallen Druid
Int; Bane.

Level 1 Skill:
Raven Form
  • Raven form will last X seconds and have 50% chance to Bleed and 50% chance to Ruin on attack, condition lasts 6 sec. Only Raven Strike may be used.
Level 1 Skill:
Raven Strike
  • Strikes target enemy with her talons, causing them to take 50 magickal damage and extend any conditions they are suffering from.
Level 1 Skill:
Enrage
  • Every enemy in 500 aoe of Raven she will gain X more mana regen. While in Bear form she will gain X more attack speed.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Bear Form
  • Raven turns into a powerful and unstoppable bear, she gains X attack for each condition that enemies are suffering from in 800 aoe, bleeds enemies on attack, bleed lasts for 6 seconds. Bear form lasts 25 seconds.
Note: Raven cannot cast raven form or raven strike while in bear form.
Last edited by asharichan on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 14 times in total.
I fell from heaven.
In order to be in hell.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Ashari,The Shadow Priestess

Post by Greenspawn » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:17 am

Out of curiosity, were you the guest browsing this forum about 20 minutes ago?

Anyways:

Not so great. You only use conditions in the ultimate. Instead of using 'slow', why not use Cripple?

You need conditions to be involved in almost every skill (there are exceptions, however), and for the interactions between spells to be 'clever and intricate', to quote Dusk.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:23 am

Shadow of the Cheesiness?
(Sorry.)

There isn't a lot of condition interaction. There is far too much slowing involved, and coupled with her shadowlings, she is a one-woman army. Shadowling is sort of cool, but an unkillable summon is sort of crazy. However, if a dragon or something like that was Shadowlinged, that would just be completely deadly (in a good way).

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:07 am

I think you need to play DoE a few more times in single player and then analyze how the heroes stack up to both each other and conditions in themselves. Also, every spell has the word "Shadow" in its name, that's not very cool, you should be more creative than that. Additionally, try to avoid excess buffs in general. Conditions exist for a reason and cover nearly all buff necessities.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

asharichan
Noobite Warrior

Post by asharichan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:08 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:I think you need to play DoE a few more times in single player and then analyze how the heroes stack up to both each other and conditions in themselves. Also, every spell has the word "Shadow" in its name, that's not very cool, you should be more creative than that. Additionally, try to avoid excess buffs in general. Conditions exist for a reason and cover nearly all buff necessities.
Meh thanks. I changed hero completely and X.x I will try better next time!
I fell from heaven.
In order to be in hell.

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Raven,The Fallen Druid

Post by Hydrolisk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:31 am

Explain your two Raven abilities; I'm confused if whether or not there is any interaction between the two.
Sacrifice would be extra powerful with Anick since he doesn't even use mana. However, I find it would be too hard to balance since I find that Bane heroes are much more mana intensive and mana conservative. Because of smaller mana pools, you would need to change the move only slightly. Rikter is sad because he has no mana to use his ultimate :( .
The chance for a random condition of attack while in Raven Form seems to have been relatively arbitarily chosen. Instead you should do something like 50% chance to Bleed and 50% chance to Ruin, or something like what the trebuchets have.
The ultimate says something about if enemies are suffering a condition, you get bonus damage. Sounds obscure; which enemies? Otherwise, relatively cool ultimate.

I would suggest Raven Strike to be replaced with Savage Maul or something that will interact with your current form. And then if you're in normal form, you just summon a raven to attack? I dunno. Myabe if you're in bear form, it would cripple/maim/ruin the target...

Better hero than before, in my opinion.

asharichan
Noobite Warrior

Re: Raven,The Fallen Druid

Post by asharichan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:42 pm

Raven Strike and Raven form work together. I'm working for sacrifice to work with bear form.
I fell from heaven.
In order to be in hell.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”