Wow

Discuss Blizzard's popular MMO here. Released late 2004, World of Warcraft has amassed over 9 million player accounts!
Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi)
Champion Noobite

Wow

Post by Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:27 am

Wow is a game you should not play all months out of the year, for it'll mess you up. I think I only play it a few months out of the year anymore. I'm not sure why i even spend that much. I say that because you won't accomplish anything because you be accepted into groups you need good items, but you can't get good items in less you're in good groups. Which means you need to waste of a minimum of at least 500+ hours in the battle ground to gain season one arena gear to finally be accepted into OK groups to hopefully make it through an heroic instance to then collect tokens from bosses, to buy better items, to get into better groups to repeat the process, to hopefully finally be accepted into an important raid, to finally get real items.

It is a much slower process in the wow expansion pack to get into a raid. Wow has died since burning crusade, and was funner in the original wow. I'll still go back to wow again "someday", or maybe not... I'm going to college next fall and I potentially have a girlfriend who will suck time away from wow that sucks your time away from you.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Wow

Post by Cold Phoenix » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 am

There there. :(

*Gets the WoW player a blanket*

People don't quit WoW, they just take breaks. . .
Your move.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:27 pm

Hello new/old forumer.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:57 pm

I think TBC was a lot funner than the original, but still, It's not great.

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:48 pm

Welcome to VZ.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:10 pm

(aiyoriaoshi Loyal Visitors June 16, 2004 812)
Old forums. So he's like 4 times as old as you. :P
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:05 pm

Cold Phoenix wrote: People don't quit WoW, they just take breaks. . .
QFT. Anyways.. welcome back to reha-- I mean VZ.
yuuki o misetsuketemo tsuyogattemo hitoei de wa iki.

ShoopLor
Champion Noobite

Post by ShoopLor » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:35 am

Welcome (I'm not so sure I should write this cause I'm new too, but everyone here is great and I hope you fit in as fast as I did) :D
Wisdom is the key, if reality is ready.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:35 pm

ShoopLor wrote:Welcome (I'm not so sure I should write this cause I'm new too, but everyone here is great and I hope you fit in as fast as I did) :D
He's not new. Read the posts in this topic.

I, myself, quit WoW about a month ago. But I have no delusions; I'll probably be back to it this Summer, despite how tired I am of it now. Over the course of playing it, I came to realize that it really wasn't that enjoyable for me, but I was addicted to seeing the easily quantifiable progress that was brought by gear and leveling. I dunno, it got to a point where I didn't enjoy much of any part of the game, save for chatting in my guild and one or two instances.

Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi)
Champion Noobite

Post by Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:18 pm

when wow got boring generally guild chat is what saved everything me from quit several times.

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Same, there are some great communities in WoW, if you ignore the snake infested forums.

Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi)
Champion Noobite

Post by Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:28 pm

my favorite days on wow was that summer I leveled up a tauren shaman. Which was 2 summers ago. Darn Wailing Caverns was fun. That summer was about watching cnn late night, and watching adultswim while playing wow at the same time. Good entertainment, and good times on wow.

You got to love barrens chat.

That tauren made it to lvl 54, and I quit leveling him ever since because it was so long that I played him that, I had no idea what I was even doing anymore.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:54 pm

Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi) wrote:tauren shaman
lvl 54
What spec?
I'm playin a Tauren Shaman right now, spec'd Resto. I've been having a blast, but as of lately a lot of my friends that used to play WoW aren't playing much anymore, not sure why. And now having anyone else on is kinda boring, so I haven't been playing all that much either.

Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi)
Champion Noobite

Post by Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:40 am

to be honest I don't remember, I think I actually did put a couple hours of time on him back in Janurary, but only a couple hours, and he didnt even lvl because I was messing around in the BG.

I think he was enhancement then I switched him to restoration. If those are even valid talent tree.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:53 pm

Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi) wrote:I think he was enhancement then I switched him to restoration. If those are even valid talent tree.
Very valid. I've only ever seen Enchancement and the very rare Resto shaman, I have yet to see a single Elemental Shaman.

And yeah, that's what most people do when leveling a Shaman, is start off Enhancement and when they hit 70 they respec to Resto, because soloing is crazy easier to do as an Enhancement shammy as opposed to a resto.

But I've been playing my shammy as a resto from the ground up. Since oh, about level 30 or so I've solo'd for MAYBE two hours total? I get all my levels by instancing. When my friends were playing they were always jelous of my uber gear :P :P

Return to “World of Warcraft”