Desdinova, Shadow of the Fallen Star

If you want to suggest a hero or a modification to a current hero, please make a new topic and post it here. Please follow the stickied setup for suggestions (Unless it's a modification).
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Desdinova, Shadow of the Fallen Star

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Desdinova
Shadow of the Fallen Star
Intelligence; Bane of Eternity.

Story: Still coming along...

Innate:
The Tarasque
  • Co-Hero
    Desdinova teams with the Tarasque, an uncontrollable unit with high health and massive, indiscriminate ground cleave (anyone, friend or foe takes damage from it). Both Desdinova and the Tarasque share % life.
Innate:
Flight
  • Desdinova is a flying hero.
Level 1 Skill:
Tyranny
  • Active Nuke
    Deals X% of target unit's current missing health as magick damage in an area around it, then a few (3-5) seconds later, deals X% of it's current health as magick damage in that same area. Both blasts are indiscriminate of team.
Level 1 Skill:
Maligned Fate
  • Preparation
    Desdinova's next attack marks a target, causing any attack that hits it in the next few seconds to have a X% chance to deal Y% increased damage. If nearby, the Tarasque will attempt to attack the marked unit, and if it manages the critical hit, the damage from its cleave is also increased by Y%. (Hitting a unit twice with this skill would double X)
Level 1 Skill:
Supermassive Hunger
  • Targeted Charge
    The Tarasque charges towards a target point, consuming the first X creeps it encounters. If he hits a hero instead, that hero takes Y damage and is tossed aside.
Level 1 Skill:
Devil's Star
  • Flying "Ward"
    Calls forth the Devil's Star. For every unit killed within some AoE of the Star, Desdinova gains X% magick damage reduction and the Tarasque gains Y health regeneration. The Star lasts until destroyed or resummoned.
Ultimate:
Grand Reunification
  • Fusion
    Desidnova descends into and combines with the Tarasque, massively buffing it and allowing for direct control. Desdinova maintains access to all skills while in this form, and both of Devil's Star's affect him.
Comments: Ok, retooled him a good bit, still need to write that story, but I've got a feel for it now, so that should come easy... Only skill name I hate on him is "Supermassive Hunger", so if you've got a better idea, please let me know... other than that, yeah, lemme know what you think now and stuff...
Last edited by TheDeathstalker on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Desdinova, the Wayward Architect

Post by Loki » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:37 pm

It has very minimal interaction with the Torrasque other than the obvious.
I can tell that you tried to make it different from ZZ but the way you adjusted the play-style is completely off.
The ultimate alone is a big "uh no" Why not just be able to control the Torrasque himself and have him scale according to level? And the fact that you can't control him the rest of the time is lame. Just sit around and hope it whacks people like Legion's Attack Legions? That's not very productive.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Well...

They randomly attack when you auto attack but if it's the actually attack order, they'll change targets. But yeah, having a giant monster that has a chance to destroy teammates too is kind of lol.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:45 pm

I agree, and feel like the hero could use some more flash, but I'm not so sure about the constantly controlling the Torrasque part. It's not that you just watch him do his dirty work, but he's very much a part of the battlefield, and you take part to make sure that this obnoxiously overpowered thing crushes the right badguys. Your skills from there may need a bit of tweaking to make really solid, but from where they stand they seem to be the best level of interaction other than simply "Zuma, Rawr" or other such commands given to this thing. I dunno, there's always significant room for growth for this hero, but I don't know if that is in the area of making this into a copy of Z&Z, even if it's just conceptually so.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 am

Loki wrote:Just sit around and hope it whacks people like Legion's Attack Legions? That's not very productive.
You know that you can tell them to attack targets, right...?
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:09 pm

Yeah, but the way Death set it up is exactly like not giving Attack Legions order to attack.
ImageImageImageImage

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:09 pm

The way I set it up is changing, so no worries there...

Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:54 am

The hero's pretty good, I suppose. The only one I don't really seem to understand is the flying thing. I somehow can't really see that with the hero. "O look, he gots a beast that he makes do stuffs. WTF HE FLIES?!1!?" I do like the interaction between the innate and the 1st skill, though.

One other thing: How is he an architect in any way?
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Desdinova, Shadow of the Fallen Star

Post by TheDeathstalker » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:40 pm

He's not, really... most of the reason the hero failed was I had an old idea for him that changed over time, and I kept a lot of the old crap... but fear no more! Desdinova is reborn! (aka, massive edits to the first post, still no story...)

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Desdinova is a flying hero.
No. I will tell you right now.
No
A flying hero and a tank combo do not mix.
ImageImageImageImage

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:23 pm

You know, Loki, you may be right, but at the same time, I'm not entirely sure you are. Both the Tank and the Flyer are equally vulnerable, as in you can either, if you are capable, attack the flyer with it's relatively lower health and armor, and kill it easily, or if you cannot or cannot be bothered to, you can attack the tank on the ground. Having two vulnerable points does not make this hero crazy strong so much as it does simply make them uniquely capable and uniquely vulnerable.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:34 pm

You are looking at the positives, not the negatives. If you think about it, there are more cons over pros when it comes to the retardation of a flying hero being leashed by a tanky ground hero.
ImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:42 pm

List some of those cons, Loki, because quite frankly I see it as being rather cool.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:09 am

How do you view a flying hero being leashed to a ground tanky hero remotely "cool"? That's like having Zuma not being able to do anything because he isn't within X range of Ztera.
Not to mention the idiotic imbalance behind a flying hero. This brings up another question. Why a flying hero? The hero has nothing going for his flying innate. In fact, it's an extra skill (Breaking one of the rules of having an innate in a hero)
And Tyranny doesn't really fit with Desdinova's design.
ImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:48 am

Loki wrote:How do you view a flying hero being leashed to a ground tanky hero remotely "cool"? That's like having Zuma not being able to do anything because he isn't within X range of Ztera.
Z/Z is not this hero, nor should they be, the differing functionality is refreshing, personally.
Loki wrote:Not to mention the idiotic imbalance behind a flying hero.
I thought of that, but that he's hooked to a slow-moving, ground hero really serves to mitigate that fact entirely.
Loki wrote:This brings up another question. Why a flying hero? The hero has nothing going for his flying innate. In fact, it's an extra skill (Breaking one of the rules of having an innate in a hero)
I thought it was obvious - so that the ground-cleaving chaotic and uncontrollable ground hero doesn't hurt him. This lets him fully interact with it on all levels without suffering the biggest drawback of its design - allied damage. That's heck of interaction, man, plenty enough so that the innate counts, is valuable, and defines the gameplay.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”