Adria, Arbiter of the Crystalis

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Adria, Arbiter of the Crystalis

Post by Greenspawn » Tue May 27, 2008 11:37 am

Adria
Arbiter of the Crystalis
Inteligence; Order

Innate:
Crystal Mirror
  • Places a Crystal Mirror on the ground. Whenever it takes damage, it deals 10 damage to nearby foes and extends blind by 1 seconds. Every six levels, the damage increases by 5 and the blind duration increases by .5 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Incident Light
  • Adria sends a pulse of light towards the target Crystal Mirror, applying burn on her for 3 seconds. When the light hits the Mirror, it reflects to another Mirror within X of itself, dealing Y damage to the Mirror. Cannot jump to the same mirror twice, and the light deals Z damage to blind foes caught in it's path. (Target Mirror)
Level 1 Skill:
Diverge
  • All Mirrors nearby Adria take X% less damage from all sources, and an additional Y% from foes suffering from a condition with a duration greater than Z seconds. (Passive)
Level 1 Skill:
Shatter
  • Adria destroys the target Mirror, extending bleed on nearby foes by X (large) seconds, and dealing Y damage. If another Mirror is nearby the one destroyed, it will also be destroyed (dealing the same damage and extending bleed by the same duration). (Target Mirror)
Level 6 Ultimate:
Scatter
  • When activated, as long as Adria is within X of a Mirror, all damage dealt to the Mirrors and Adria is shared equally among the mirrors. Also causes the hero's attacks to deal Y additional to blind units. (Self-Buff)
Notes: Destroying the Mirror is considered dealing damage to it, so it is counted in Scatter.
"All damage" includes condition damage

~Greenspawn
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Evernite.
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: Adria, Arbiter of the Crystalis

Post by Evernite. » Tue May 27, 2008 1:03 pm

Personally I don't think an innate is really worth it; you could replace Diverge with your mirrors, as it's not that useful of a skill.

Scatter doesn't really convince me here, I like the idea of reflecting damage upon your mirrors thus triggering their ability to blind target foes, but it just doesn't click for me. Something's amiss in it being an ultimate.

Other than that, I like the design and the versatility of the hero. It's a good change from the usual characters using blind already.
"You believe but what you see,
You receive but what you give."

-Nightwish, Amaranth

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Tue May 27, 2008 2:43 pm

I thought about that, but without the mirrors, all his other spells are virtually worthless, and I really don't want to have to redo the hero.

Think about what the mirrors do innately; they deal damage and extend blind whenever they take damage, and the ultimate spreads the damage to all mirrors. Ergo, if one mirror takes damage, then all of them take damage, dealing damage to and extending blind on nearby foes. Also, because Shatter's destroying of a mirror counts as damage, they are all destroyed, allowing for massive area damage if they are placed correctly.

Also, because the hero's ultimate works with condition damage, every time the hero takes damage from bleed or burn, all the mirrors trigger their damage.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Post by TargetPractice » Tue May 27, 2008 3:05 pm

Evernite. wrote:Personally I don't think an innate is really worth it; you could replace Diverge with your mirrors, as it's not that useful of a skill.

Scatter doesn't really convince me here, I like the idea of reflecting damage upon your mirrors thus triggering their ability to blind target foes, but it just doesn't click for me. Something's amiss in it being an ultimate.

Other than that, I like the design and the versatility of the hero. It's a good change from the usual characters using blind already.
Whaddya talking about diverge isnt too good a skill? a passive that makes ALL the mirrors take LESS damage from ALL sources?! Thats freaking amazing

I really like the concept behind this hero, but I agree with evernite, mainly because the ultimate just blinds and shares damage, now with the share damage and diverge, thats awesome, those mirrors if you have lots will be able to tank like crazy, but the blind?

BORING!

I mean sure blind, great, so what? Maybe you should do something else a little more interesting

I really like incendent light and shatter

Minja
Noobite Warrior

Post by Minja » Wed May 28, 2008 4:08 pm

The Innate isn't needed as it offers an advantage to Adria at all levels :x Don't know why it wasn't said.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed May 28, 2008 4:50 pm

Shatter sounds a lot like communion...
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed May 28, 2008 4:55 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:Shatter sounds a lot like communion...
That's exactly what I though, seta. The whole mirror thing is really, really similar to Stille. Also, since they split damage with you, the last thing you want is to destroy your own mirror... unless its at low hp... kinda like wards... meh.

Oh and also, hero idea clearly taken from someone : )

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm

That's why you need to make destroying your own ward worth the loss of the ward. Besides, no one forces you to destroy the wards, you could always lane with Genobee and just laugh at him or something. Effectively, this hero is a watered down and less interactive Stille, which sort of kills it pretty violently.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Wed May 28, 2008 9:39 pm

Oxygen wrote:The whole mirror thing is really, really similar to Stille. Also, since they split damage with you, the last thing you want is to destroy your own mirror... unless its at low hp... kinda like wards... meh.Oh and also, hero idea clearly taken from someone : )
From who?

Also, the main focus of him IS to destroy the mirrors, dealing area damage and extending bleed, especially if you group them or you're just trying to hit a bunch of units at once. His other skills just make the mirrors more effective at dealing damage and blinding foes BEFORE they're destroyed.
Rising_Dusk wrote:...you need to make destroying your own ward worth the loss of the ward. Besides, no one forces you to destroy the wards, you could always lane with Genobee and just laugh at him or something. Effectively, this hero is a watered down and less interactive Stille, which sort of kills it pretty violently.
Aaaand Mr. Stormcloud rained all over the hero and killed the poor girl.

Tell me then, good sir, how might I set about fixing it's problems?
Math is # |e^iπ|

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed May 28, 2008 10:07 pm

Greenspawn wrote:Tell me then, good sir, how might I set about fixing it's problems?
Come up with an idea that hasn't been done and done better by another hero already in the map. Oh, and ditch the innate, Stille's got loads on this hero particularly because he doesn't need an innate.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu May 29, 2008 5:16 pm

Greenspawn wrote:
Oxygen wrote:Oh and also, hero idea clearly taken from someone : )
From who?
I hope you're kidding? You must be. Hell, you even got the NAME of it. I really don't know what to think!

http://gamingcraft.net/showthread.php?t=1296 aom forums - 06-15-2007 ( yes, that's one year ago ) - by Oxygen

http://forum.valor-zeal.org/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=335 - Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:31 pm ( that's the hero contest ) - by Oxygen

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Thu May 29, 2008 6:07 pm

I didn't join the VZ forums until October last year. And I don't play AoM.
Math is # |e^iπ|

trendkill
Noobite Warrior

Post by trendkill » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:12 pm

There was a great hero in a game that I can't remember the name of that used this sort of mechanic. Although the difference was that the "mirrors" he placed actually worked like mirrors. You could turn them and aim them to reflect incoming "bolts of light". The mirrors themselves were invisible to enemies so you could set up cool chains and bounce your "bolt spell" all over the place and even zig zag it in a lane hitting heroes 2-3 times with the same shot. I think the "mirror" just summoned an invisible mob that couldn't move, so you could select it and click on the ground around it to swivvle it around and aim it at another mirror. Then when the bolt (lets say range 500) hits it, it would shoot the same bolt 500 range in the direction it was pointed. It made for a spammy good time with lots of planning.

It was really fun to play actually.

Wufei
Champion Noobite

Post by Wufei » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Sacred War Revolution. That map's mirrors were all sorts of rigged... the bolt fired at one mirror, which bounced in the direction it was pointing etc etc and before long the missile did 210 damage by itself, and I bounced it about 8 times. Mirrors: Good concept, excessive abuse.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”