Lady Darkmoore, Fel Huntress

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Evernite.
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Lady Darkmoore, Fel Huntress

Post by Evernite. » Sun May 04, 2008 3:41 pm

Lady Darkmoore
Fel Huntress
---

Priestess of the Moon model.

Agility; Bane.

Level 1 Skill:
Velocity
  • Active. Sends out an arrow in a line at a very high speed that will travel for X yards. Units hit by it will take Y damage, and will additionally be knocked down if they are already bleeding.
Level 1 Skill:
Shred
  • Active. The hero's mount rakes at enemies in front of it in a cone, dealing X damage and extending bleed on them by Y seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Harrow
  • Active. Lays down an invisible barrier of arrows onto the ground, heads pointing the skies. If a foe strays too close to it, it will be dealt X damage and will bleed for Y seconds. Takes a short time to activate.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Buck Up
  • Passive. Whenever the hero suffers from a condition, the next ability she uses within X seconds reloads instantly.
Round of ammo for your thoughts?
"You believe but what you see,
You receive but what you give."

-Nightwish, Amaranth

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Lady Darkmoore, Fel Huntress

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun May 04, 2008 7:52 pm

I don't know, all of the skills just scream generic PotM hero stuff, nothing really jumps out at me as awesome. The condition synergy seems a bit forced, it's just there because it can be, and in addition the PotM model doesn't even have an animation suitable for the second skill.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Evernite.
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Evernite. » Sun May 04, 2008 8:01 pm

I don't know, all of the skills just scream generic PotM hero stuff, nothing really jumps out at me as awesome.
I tried innovating the model a little bit, using the mount's attacks as well... epic fail I guess. xD
The condition synergy seems a bit forced, it's just there because it can be
Mmh, what do you mean here? I admit the ultimate is a little out of place with the other spells, but I wanted it that way, to actually help them instead of directly interacting with them.

-Nightwish, Amaranth

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun May 04, 2008 8:09 pm

Well the ultimate has the problem that there's no internal synergy. You don't get anything awesome like say, Kassar has, where he can trigger his own ultimate. You have no control over it, all you can do is wait and hope that it triggers at the right time. That's inconvenient.

In addition, the forced synergy I refer to is the first skill. If Bleed do Knockdown, if X do Y. That's kind of boring these days. I mean, it's really cool on some heroes (Extra life steal on anick, abolish stunning, etc) but it's been kind of worn out by being used a lot. New heroes need a sense of originality, something fresh, a new experience. Those things are what make awesome heroes just that, awesome.

Don't feel bad though, the PotM is an absolutely terrible model. I have never, ever seen it used on a hero that I actually enjoyed playing as. It just has no room for innovation, it's an ugly chick riding a random cat thing. Woopdedoo.

Evernite.
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Evernite. » Sun May 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Haha, thanks for replying back, I see what you mean. :p

Yeah, I had a tough time trying to do something about her make her more active in-combat, but I mean there was almost nothing I could find. Her ultimate could be made better but I kind of am discouraged in this hero. My mind's already set off of it.

-Nightwish, Amaranth

Wufei
Champion Noobite

Post by Wufei » Sun May 04, 2008 10:00 pm

Well, I know that Dusk is against the PotM skin, but what no one has suggested is using the Huntress skin instead. That one seems a bit easier to manipulate, and I think that the skin riding that is a lot better than PotM's.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 05, 2008 2:57 pm

Well, unfortunately, the big draws to the PotM model are the dissipate animations, built in hero-glow, and hero feel. Even if the model fails, it feels a heck of a lot more like a hero than a huntress ever can.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”