Gulp, the Parasite

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Phox
Letter Linguist

Gulp, the Parasite

Post by Phox » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Gulp
Parasite
Agility; Whatever.

Story.

Innate:
Transplant
  • [Single Target]Jumps directly into the target unit (hereafter referred to as the host), granting it any conditions that Gulp (or his previous host) had and removing them from the previous host. The unit gains Gulp's abilities and items. If the unit dies, Gulp appears at its location, retaining all conditions that it possessed. Very low cooldown. ((NOTE: Using this does not kill the previous host.))
Level 1 Skill:
Pox
  • [No Target]Causes the host to suffer from a disease, which does X damage per second to nearby units and extends bleed and cripple by Y per second. Lasts 25 seconds. ((The host will retain this buff even if Gulp jumps to another unit))
Level 1 Skill:
Expulsion
  • [Target unit] Jumps to a unit, and causing it to explode, doing X damage in the area around it and spreading all conditions it possessed to nearby units. Gulp does not retain conditions from his host when it dies from Expulsion.
Level 1 Skill:
Membrane Tumor
  • [Target point] Sprays membrane at the target point, creating an immobile tumor that can be used as a host. The tumor has a slow short range attack that inflicts a random condition for X seconds. Lasts 30 seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Dire Mutation
  • [No Target]Gulp's current host gains X health, Y attack damage, and Z armor per condition it was suffering from. Also makes it immune to conditions. Lasts 30 seconds.
Making heroes = good way to procrastinate from studying.
Last edited by Phox on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Gulp, the Parasite

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:02 pm

The ult should just make the host immune to conditions with the stat boosts. That would be cool. I actually rather like the innate, because everything works around it and it defines the hero and all that good stuff. Not sure I really like the obligatory passive stat booster for hosts, particularly because it's effective but really lame and boring. The first two skills are cool, but have rather uninspired names.

Anyways, just pointing out that the first skill is way better than the second skill. Both do AOE damage and early on, conditions are a minor detail, so the spreading is at best not worth it. Even later, you're more likely to want to use the first skill always over the second unless there is no other target around.

Also, this reminds me a lot of Scamp, but it reminds me of why I like Scamp not having this as an innate. If you look at Scamp, you'll notice how making the innate a level 1 skill instead doesn't really kill the idea. Dunno, food for thought.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:The ult should just make the host immune to conditions with the stat boosts. That would be cool.
That could actually work really well, since then the passive could be ditched for something more interesting. It doesn't fit that well anyway, I suppose, since you're going to be hopping between hosts so often anyway that giving them more survivability is kinda counter-productive.
Rising_Dusk wrote:Anyways, just pointing out that the first skill is way better than the second skill. Both do AOE damage and early on, conditions are a minor detail, so the spreading is at best not worth it. Even later, you're more likely to want to use the first skill always over the second unless there is no other target around.
Well the idea was that he'd hop between units gathering conditions using the first skill, then jump to a unit right next to a hero and drop them all in an AoE. The damage would also prolly be higher for the second skill.
Rising_Dusk wrote:Also, this reminds me a lot of Scamp, but it reminds me of why I like Scamp not having this as an innate. If you look at Scamp, you'll notice how making the innate a level 1 skill instead doesn't really kill the idea. Dunno, food for thought.
The inspiration was a combination of Scamp and the chestburster from Alien.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:42 pm

Phox wrote:Well the idea was that he'd hop between units gathering conditions using the first skill, then jump to a unit right next to a hero and drop them all in an AoE. The damage would also prolly be higher for the second skill.
I really feel that there are more things that can be done with hosts than just blowing them up, though.
Phox wrote:The inspiration was a combination of Scamp and the chestburster from Alien.
Sounds about right. :p
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:06 pm

Major edit. Combined the first skill with the innate and removed the damage. I'm not sure how I feel about the third skill. It's definitely useful and synergizes with his other skills, but it doesn't quite feel right with the hero (also, the random condition thing might be a bit much in terms of power).

Return to “Hero Suggestions”