X'koreth, Perverted Ritualist

This is where the best of the best hero suggestions get placed for respect. They might not have made it into DoE for one reason or another, but damned these suggestions were good. Maybe they could work for other maps, that's why they are here for reference. Check them all out!
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: X'koreth, Perverted Ritualist

Post by Oxygen » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:That isn't to say it shouldn't have more, in any case.
COUGH MERIDIA IMBA SKELLIES COUGH

Really though, I don't see how a summon ultimate would be interesting, especially if its only one big summon. Maybe for a normal skill, but it'd really have to be part of synergy or whatever

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:33 pm

A summon is no different than any other spell -- If designed well it is great, if designed poorly it is not. A spell is what you make of it, nothing more, nothing less. I don't really care one way or the other with respect to this specific hero, I'm just saying this in general.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:03 pm

dmaargke wrote:Does DoE have ANY summons? I mean beyond Geno's scarabs I honestly can't think of any, and those barely count as summons at all.
All of Stille's wards count as summons.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:53 pm

Technically every custom spell that requires non-clickable invisible units to occur is a summon.

Regardless, summons are considered to be a tangible unit that can help turn the tide of battle.

And yes I have played this map and AotZ many times; there are good but sparse summoning spells in both maps.

Anyways, I still think that:
If X'koreth is a perverted ritualist, why not a have an ultimate that involves causing himself conditions for a huge benefit?

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Rectifier wrote:Technically every custom spell that requires non-clickable invisible units to occur is a summon.

Regardless, summons are considered to be a tangible unit that can help turn the tide of battle.

And yes I have played this map and AotZ many times; there are good but sparse summoning spells in both maps.

Anyways, I still think that:
If X'koreth is a perverted ritualist, why not a have an ultimate that involves causing himself conditions for a huge benefit?
Why not. That could be an idea

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:22 am

*Raises from the depths* I actually like the idea of the summoning ultimate. But if there's a way to do it, perhaps it summons it immediately, and for every second channeled extends the duration of the summon by 1 second. So you end up with a big nasty summonable. No limit on how long it can be summoned, except perhaps for having it cause Burn and Bleed on self for amount you are channeling. So the longer you channel, the more likely you are to die. But you can summon and run, it just will only last for 4/8/12 seconds, or something. Instead of making the monster stronger with each level(It should START damn strong, probably with a big cleave), make the caster harder to kill while channeling, probably by including something like 20/40/60% magic resistance. Probably immunity to stun, too, or the entire spell wouldn't make much sense.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:53 pm

Manifestation of Pain

X'koreth begins channeling for 10 seconds, during which he cuts himself, causing bleed to himself, and putting his own blood on fire, causing burn to himself. Any damage taken during the period will fuel his demonic spell, only strengthening the abomination that is about to be created. Once the channeling is over, a greater demon will manifest itself. If X'koreth dies during the channeling, his soul is transfered to a nearby unit, causing that unit to explode, and reincarnating him. In addition, if he has died during the summon, the demon's anger will be multiplicated, further increasing its power.

The demon gains more health, damage, attack speed, magic resistance, armor and duration, depending on how much X'koreth was hurt. His attacks are able to cleave, and he are granted any condition that X'koreth was suffering when the ritual was completed.

----

The fact that his attacks cause aoe conditions synergizes very well with Dark Storms, and X'koreth will be able to heal his summon with his second spell.

What do you think?

ALSO OMG 666 VIEWS!!11

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:57 pm

one thing i dun like about it is the dieng part, the demon should just summon as soon as he dies, teh way u have it set up right now he gains the troll from aom's super ult while summoning just with damage.

i do liek the idea of a summon on this hero tho
I swear to drunk im not god.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:31 pm

BD423 wrote:one thing i dun like about it is the dieng part, the demon should just summon as soon as he dies, teh way u have it set up right now he gains the troll from aom's super ult while summoning just with damage.

i do liek the idea of a summon on this hero tho
He could jump to a body, revive from a hero's ass for all I care. As long as there's a way of ''safely dieying'', and I figured that taking over someone's soul after some sort of demonic ritual was pretty nice.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:30 pm

Here is a scenario for you:

OH HAI, ME amz teh ritulaist. I amz chanel and u kilz me. Oh em gee, hax uber demoen spawned, and I got rezerrected...PWNT!!!

Yeah...no revive if he dies...

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 pm

yeah, there should be a lot of risk associated with a channeling spell (especially if it can summon a crazy demon).
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Yeah, the POINT of my idea was that the chances of dying increased with every second, but if you didn't channel for too long the demon just wouldn't last that long. You're giving up your own life force in order to keep the uberdemonthingy alive for a longer period of time. It should be near impossible to bring down the demon, although if you run it into a full base with no support, it should of course die... The idea is while you're channeling, you're using the demon instead of your hero, but you have to guard your hero from attack. Maybe cause Ruin on self too, just to make it more fragile.

Oh, and Boon of the Feebleminded needs to be changed to just attacking or just casting spells. That's evil as hell, otherwise. Personally, I'd change it to attacking.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:43 pm

yah what i was thinking is why give him a safety component to his ult when he already getting a large summon? Also it would be abusable if he could just activate it right before he dies and POOF cheap reinc.
I swear to drunk im not god.

Final_Pantheon
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Final_Pantheon » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:44 am

Is there also a way to put a distance-limit on the spell, so that it can't move X distance away from the Ritualist. That way, the ulti would still be superstrong, but without the right backup it'd be pretty useless (especially if you add ruin, as suggested). Not sure what you could make happen if it moves X distance away, I was just thinking that it might benifit from having more of a "get in the action" part. If that makes sense.

Otherwise you could just cast it next to a fountain, and use the Demon without worrying about yourself.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

dmaargke
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by dmaargke » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:10 pm

I agree with Final_Pantheon. I see this as being a summon that stays as long as he can channel it. Putting a limit on the range or maybe like burn/bleed/lose health in some way beyond a certain range would keep you from summoning and running rampant. The hero would have to remain relatively close but could still be back out of the action and let his little pet run rampant. I could really see that being fun. If you made it drain mana over time while channeling it would also stop you from just using the demon the whole game. With some tweaking this could be a really cool spell.
~Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.~

Return to “Exalted Hero Suggestions”