Google chrome

Everything social between absolutely anyone who can type a post. Although this is an open forum, avoid the typical bad forum conduct.
erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Google chrome

Post by erwtenpeller » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:29 am

I'd like my life controlled by google. Cromes extreme userfriendlyness is allready making me a more lazy browser, fully typing URLS is a thing of the past.

I found another thing that bothers me though, i cant seem to be able to set this thing to english, wich is pretty annoying seeng as how it has a spell checker.

The spell chekcer however seems to be confined to the line you're tying at the moment, or something. I dont really get it.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:04 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:I'd like my life controlled by google. Cromes extreme userfriendlyness is allready making me a more lazy browser, fully typing URLS is a thing of the past.
If it's a site you visit frequently, you could already have made it a thing of the past using Firefox. (And if it has a search bar)

Next time you're somewhere (lets use imdb.com as an example), right click the search box and select the option "Add a Keyword for this Search...", name it whatever you want and type something simple into the "Keyword" box (I myself use "i"), and store it in your bookmarks folder or whatever, doesn't matter.

Now, open a new tab. Type "i Wanted" and hit enter. It will then search imdb.com for everything after "i ", which in this case is "Wanted" and in this exact case will turn up the URL http://www.imdb.com/find?q=wanted&s=all

I personally use this for quite a few sites. Wikipedia(w), IMDB(i), YouTube(y), Google(g), Google Images(gi), Dictionary.com(d), etc. etc. Makes internet searches that much faster. It's a lot easier to open a new tab and type "g <insert new search>" and hit enter than it does to open a new tab, go to my home page (which is google) and type in my search.
Getting rid of extra steps ftw.

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:54 am

Logue wrote:Next time you're somewhere (lets use imdb.com as an example), right click the search box and select the option "Add a Keyword for this Search...", name it whatever you want and type something simple into the "Keyword" box (I myself use "i"), and store it in your bookmarks folder or whatever, doesn't matter.
Still sounds like a lot of extra work chrome isnt making me do.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:09 am

erwtenpeller wrote:I'd like my life controlled by google. Cromes extreme userfriendlyness is allready making me a more lazy browser, fully typing URLS is a thing of the past.
Fully writing URLS is a thing of the past since quite long >_>

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:48 pm

CHROME OR GTFO

Return to “The Social Experiment”