Comcast, go die.

Everything social between absolutely anyone who can type a post. Although this is an open forum, avoid the typical bad forum conduct.
Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Comcast, go die.

Post by Hell_Tempest » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:05 am

Comcast is now officially capping bandwidth usage at 250GBs/month, in effect October 1st. In addition to wiretapping without a warrant, throttling bandwidth - illegally, might I add - penalizing their customers rather than developing a better network, they originally said that it would be an unlimited high speed internet service, and, as of October 1st, that may be construed as false advertising.

http://tinyurl.com/5uf9wj

Please, oh please, if you are using Comcast, please stop, and tell everyone that you know that is using it, tell them to as well.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Re: Comcast, go die.

Post by Logue » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Sucks to be you if you"re on comcast. Heh.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:30 pm

This topic crawls of misinformation. Virtually every internet provider used by anyone here will eventually (As in, within months) move to an identical cap (If it has not done so without telling you already). It was only very recently that the FCC mandated all internet capping 'services' performed by the providers must be revealed to the clients.

If, for instance, you use Cox internet, your data is already capped. AT&T will be moving over sometime in the 4th quarter of the year, and Comcast just went through with it -- Among others.

I respond to this topic by saying "go into politics to make a difference." Otherwise, sit down, quit your torrents, and deal with it.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Halnodor2
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Halnodor2 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:49 am

owned. well at least your community doesn't have a 75 year contract with your company.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:50 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Virtually every internet provider used by anyone here will eventually (As in, within months) move to an identical cap (If it has not done so without telling you already)
To my understanding this is only affecting those of you in the states, and that us (me) up here in Canada won't be affected.

Halnodor2
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Halnodor2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:44 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:This topic crawls of misinformation. Virtually every internet provider used by anyone here will eventually (As in, within months) move to an identical cap (If it has not done so without telling you already). It was only very recently that the FCC mandated all internet capping 'services' performed by the providers must be revealed to the clients.

If, for instance, you use Cox internet, your data is already capped. AT&T will be moving over sometime in the 4th quarter of the year, and Comcast just went through with it -- Among others.

I respond to this topic by saying "go into politics to make a difference." Otherwise, sit down, quit your torrents, and deal with it.
Umm....does it mean that all services will have caps? How do we know when we hit the cap? Will they just cut me off from all downloads?

If so I can imagine this "I'm sorry can I get a hardcopy of the homework I can't fill my internet download cap with that garbage"

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:32 am

250gbs is still alot, please, tell me your homeworks aren't 250gbs.

Halnodor2
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Halnodor2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:20 am

Its not alot when you split it by 4 people >.< very little if even one of them torrents.

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:49 pm

The only internet service provider near my town is Comcast. -_-

Logue, they'll eventually come to you (the restrictions/companies like Ccast in your area), ya know? US & Canada are connected. This is all being done very slowly.

P.S. - This effect only Website-owners?
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Halnodor2
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Halnodor2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:55 am

Hah you wish

Return to “The Social Experiment”