[F] Innert, Anima Immobilus

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
BloodyMacabre
Noobite Warrior

[F] Innert, Anima Immobilus

Post by BloodyMacabre » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Innert
Anima Immobilus
Intelligence; The Hallowed Order.

Story.
Level 1 Skill:
Skill #1 Too Slow for Me - AoE Damage & Cripple
  • Innert will release a powerful wave of mana around him, striking at the knees of his enemies. Deals X damage and Cripples hit units for Y seconds. Units already inflicted with a condition, will instead of being Crippled, be stunned..
Level 1 Skill:
Skill #2 Bird of Light - Summon Aura Bird
  • Innert sends a burst of light towards a target area, Blinding all enemy units in the area, and summoning a "Bird of Light". The Bird has average HP, no mana, or armor, and deals little to no damage, but it starts with an aura which gives nearby enemies a chance to be Blinded when they are hit by any spell(Including spells that benefit them).
Level 1 Skill:
Skill #3 Forced Synergy - Aura Buff
  • Enemies near Innert will be dealt X damage per second if they are inflicted with a condition. Increases Innert's mana by Y.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Skill #4 Disable - World Wide Hero Damage
  • Innerts channels all his energy to his mightiest foes, dealing X damage and Maiming all enemy heroes on the map. If the enemy hero is already inflicted with a condition, they also Bleed. Maim and Bleed lasts Y seconds.
Last edited by BloodyMacabre on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
- BloodyMacabre
<3 :vela: <3

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Shaki, Shaman Tribal

Post by Loki » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:51 pm

The innate adds nothing to the hero than the obvious. "Wtf why?"

Do not just add an innate as an extra ability, that is stupid.
Do not just add an innate that can only synergize with the hero.

Make an innate that is your hero, what defines your hero. Need an example? Sozen.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Shaki, Shaman Tribal

Post by Oxygen » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 am

The hero needs mute and ruin, then you can have a full rainbow.

BloodyMacabre
Noobite Warrior

Re: Lucien, Gauntlet Evangelist

Post by BloodyMacabre » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:16 pm

Remade.
Last edited by BloodyMacabre on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- BloodyMacabre
<3 :vela: <3

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:38 pm

This hero has all sorts of wrongs that I doubt you realized that this was a DoE hero contest.
Lucien will chant a holy prayer for X seconds, increasing his Ruin for each second he uses to pray. Lucien's three attacks will deal bonus damage, and push the target back, crippling them. His first attack deals a bonus 200% and pushes for Y radius, his second deals a bonus 150% and pushes for a 3/4 of the first, and his third deals a bonus 100% and pushes for a 1/2 of the original push. Each push extends cripple for Z(Second attack does 3/4, next does 1/2...) seconds.
We should count how many things a single LEVEL 1 ability is doing.
Lucien will chant a holy prayer for X seconds,
One.
increasing his Ruin for each second
Two.
Lucien's three attacks will deal bonus damage, and push the target back, crippling them.
Not only does he deal bonus damage and knockback, he cripples.
Three, four, five.
first attack deals a bonus 200% and pushes for Y radius
Six, seven.
his second deals a bonus 150% and pushes for a 3/4 of the first
Eight, nine.
his third deals a bonus 100% and pushes for a 1/2 of the original push
Ten, eleven.
Each push extends cripple for Z(Second attack does 3/4, next does 1/2...) seconds.
Twelve, thirteen, fourteen.
----------------------------------
Fourteen flippin' effects are going on in this SINGLE level 1 spell.
I'm pretty sure I don't need to break down the other spells for you since you probably got the idea by the time you get to this part of my post.
Hell, AotZ's "complications" barely scratches the surface of the ABOMINATION you have created. SIMPLIFY your hero.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:49 pm

lol. Almost reminds me of the D3 Monk. The first skill has effects that weaken with each attack. lol.

There are conditions flying everywhere. I also like how it when from tribal shaman to insane fanatic.

The whole hero is a mess, everything is applied in crazy ways and reading it becomes almost immediately confusing and drains the life out of the reader, I could barely read the skills because there are like 4 conditions in each of the abilities save a few. The cannon is like lol, stfu and sit down.

And... He prays for two of his skills to work. That makes 2 channels, one passive, and one summon that is technically a channel since you're rendered stunned and unable to do anything which disables the entire heroes original style.

WELL. rawr!

[edit; Darn loki. Darn.]
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:30 am

It seems more like a spell for AotZ, right?
Sounds more like an AoM hero. =O
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Loki wrote:This hero has all sorts of wrongs that I doubt you realized that this was a DoE hero contest.
Lucien will chant a holy prayer for X seconds, increasing his Ruin for each second he uses to pray. Lucien's three attacks will deal bonus damage, and push the target back, crippling them. His first attack deals a bonus 200% and pushes for Y radius, his second deals a bonus 150% and pushes for a 3/4 of the first, and his third deals a bonus 100% and pushes for a 1/2 of the original push. Each push extends cripple for Z(Second attack does 3/4, next does 1/2...) seconds.

We should count how many things a single LEVEL 1 ability is doing.

Lucien will chant a holy prayer for X seconds,

One.

increasing his Ruin for each second

Two.

Lucien's three attacks will deal bonus damage, and push the target back, crippling them.

Not only does he deal bonus damage and knockback, he cripples.
Three, four, five.

first attack deals a bonus 200% and pushes for Y radius

Six, seven.

his second deals a bonus 150% and pushes for a 3/4 of the first

Eight, nine.

his third deals a bonus 100% and pushes for a 1/2 of the original push

Ten, eleven.

Each push extends cripple for Z(Second attack does 3/4, next does 1/2...) seconds.

Twelve, thirteen, fourteen.
----------------------------------
Fourteen flippin' effects are going on in this SINGLE level 1 spell.
I'm pretty sure I don't need to break down the other spells for you since you probably got the idea by the time you get to this part of my post.
Hell, AotZ's "complications" barely scratches the surface of the ABOMINATION you have created. SIMPLIFY your hero.

I very lolled. Loki is absolutely right. This isn't aom or nob, this is doe where it's commonly accepted to have heroes with holy light or tranquility as skills

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Innert, Anima Immobilus

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:25 am

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - N/A
  • General Cons:
    - Your ult is worldwide and undodgeable. I'm sorry, that's ridiculous and totally out of character for DoE. I want to reward players for being in combat, not for hiding in their base and casting spells at people across the map.
    - Bird of light? This was the big summon idea for the hero? Come on, man, that isn't even remotely cool or exciting. You can't even do anything with the bird other than flit around and maybe blind some stuff on spellcast.
    - Forced synergy, while being a great skill name, is unfortunately completely out of character for this hero. Why is he dealing huge DPS for each condition on the enemy in an aura?
    - Try to imagine this hero running around in-game doing what he does. He's going to be so random and so not an improvement over the current Innert it's not even funny. His skills feel random, like they're just thrown together randomly. >.<
  • Final Thoughts:
    - It all just feels like 'condition spam' with some "Take damage for each condition on you" hooks. That doesn't strike me as all that exciting for the player, and can be very overwhelming way too easily for your enemies. There's really no interaction besides the obvious here, which is a bit frustrating. Furthermore, your summon is completely worthless on the hero and could just as well be removed and keep the hero exactly how he is now otherwise. Remember that the summon was the most important design note of the contest.
  • End Grade:
    F
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #3”